Dowsing/divining for gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
Hey gang,
Just wondered if anyone had tried divining to find gold ? Someone suggested last night i should try it as they used to do it to find water pipes etc. Then someone else said they met a couple who used to do it to find gold .So if you have or do use it , have you had any success. Apparently 1 in 5 people can divine. Gonna try today with my bits but i might be 1 of the other 4 lol . Interested to get some feedback
thanks Bill :cool:

G'day Bill. Sadly there have been many many studies, blind testing and challenges over the years world wide and all have failed or shown no better than chance.
I am pretty sure Dick Smith did a challenge where top diviners in Australia tried their hands at it without success.

I have posted 2 videos, the first shows a fellow divining for minerals in a controlled setting (he works for a mining company) and the second video is divining for water.
The mineral one shows a big difference in how the rods behave when he knows where the mineral is to when he doesn't. I like how one of the water diviners blames God for his failed attempt. God was playing a joke on him :rolleyes:

I will also provide a 3rd link which is the million dollar challenge. If you know someone who can divine all they need to do is make application and successfully demonstrate this power and they win one million dollars.

http://videosift.com/video/James-Randi-debunks-Dowsing

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VAasVXtCOI[/video]

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

I thought it was a bit too good to be true or else we wouldn't need detectors !

I used to devine daily when we had our construction business. I use it to find all sorts of pipes, sewer , water , gas, even empty electrical conduits. Can't figure out why it works, but I swear by it, spot on very time.
It maybe possible to use this method to find hidden faults etc. The opal miners out Lightnng Ridge use it to find slides in the old clay beds, I reckon it would work similar on faults.

DD

Marty the biggest skeptic was having a laugh when my father inlaw was telling me about divining for water. He can't do it but he got a guy to find a spot to on his farm to find a suitable bore spot.

Bloke found a good location. Told them how deep it was, how much water & for how many years he could expect to pump from it.

He was spot on.

Anyway I told inlaw what a crock of poop this was & all just about luck. I need proof before I believe in something.

Anyhow, I asked father inlaw how it's done.

Told me to find a piece of straightish wire & put a bend in one end. I found a piece of wire that holds a bundle of star pickets together.

Recon's not everyone can do it.

Said to hold the bend part of the wire with both hands - & see if I could make the wire swing without moving either hand - well I couldn't.

Got me to walk in a certain direction in the paddock as he knew the old guy got some sort of reading there.

I walked in said direction with wire in hands(smug grin on face), then...

I near shat myself when the wire steadily turned to one side. I could not stop it no matter how hard I tried - squeezed till I could squeeze no more.
Walked a few steps back & tried it again. Same result, wire moved to the side.

I wish mobile phones had cameras back then :|

To this day I have not tried it again. It felt weird & not natural.

I cannot explain it.

Hi guys,

Divining used to be a fairly common thing out here on the opal fields too. Again, it seemed very hit and miss and wouldn't show a better probability rate than guessing. You're just as likely to throw your hat in the air and come up trumps -which has also happened more than once out here sinking shafts onto rich patches of opal.

I went in with an open mind when trying it also Marty.

The reason miners (including us now and again) used it was to pick up faults/slides mostly. When the ground shifts it creates massive amounts of static electricity and I figured the wires, or operator were picking this up. Tried it several times myself and it seemed to work at times. Never found opal that way personally but the wires will pull pretty hard now and again.

There's also the muscle twitch theory that entails the arms and hands reacting before the wires react. This is easy to see at times. It only takes a very small twist of your wrist and the wires will swing.

I knew it wasn't picking up water as we're sitting right on top of the Great Artesian Basin :p

And hey if it finds you gold or whatever and you enjoy it then what harm can it do :)

Regards,
Shauno.

They used to devine to find lead mines in Europe, it worked well.I can devine for water , always works for me.
Another sort of devining can be done using a pendant over a map, have tried this also,not sure if it will find what you are looking for.
Best to keep an open mind.

Are you talking about the divining rods some scammer sold to the Iraqis and allowed many people to die to fatten his wallet?
They didn't work at all and he is now on his way to prison. Yes one should keep an open mind, but one should also
be careful not to be taken for a fool. There are a lot of people out there quite happy to take advantage of your "open mind".
No matter how open your mind the laws of nature and physics do not change, they are a set thing not interchangeable depending on what you think
or for you as a individual. Back some stories up with some solid evidence.

There is evidence after evidence that it doesn't work. There is nothing but anecdotal stories to suggest the opposite, these are not evidence.
If it works and you can do it, step up and offer the world a gift by changing science as we currently know it. You would also benefit
with a million dollar reward that you can donate to a charity or use how you wish and many other accolades that would follow. To have such a gift and not share it
by properly demonstrating it is a little selfish. Talking about how you found water in a paddock or know someone who can is not that demonstration.

I have a divining hat. I threw it in the air and where it landed I sunk a bore and I hit water. That should be evidence enough for anyone and also, I am an honest and
nice person so it must be true. If you do not believe my hat is magical you have a closed mind. Happy to come and divine your property for you for an appropriate fee. ;)

And we still sit and wonder why Billions of dollars are lost to scams each year...

I got nothing to gain or lose from what that wire did that day (15 years or so ago?) - I can't explain it & honestly it freaks me out a bit.

Maybe it was highly magnetized ground there or what - I got no explanation.

The muscle twitch could work or a slight twist in the hand muscles or wrist if one hand was holding one wire - dunno.

I just had one wire, gripped by both my hands straight in front of me. So, fingers & palms were gripping the wire in opposite directions. I squeezed really hard & could not stop it moving.

kinda had the same feeling like when you play with 2 magnets & you put the same polarity near each other. You can see the magnets & know they're not touching, put can feel they're fighting against each other & making them.

This has given me the itch to do it again. With someone with a camera - LOL prolly wont work now & I make a dick outa myself (nothing unusual :D )

I'm still a huge skeptic about stuff & am very weary about scams - I just got a bit more open mind about these bits or ordinary wire that some folks walk around with. It's not normal.

We use 2 Copper soldering rods, Like Diggerdude we use it for (trying) to find services (Dial before you dig has about as much accuracy).
When my excavator operator did it I thought he was having me on, as he said; 'it doesn't work for everyone and it's not guaranteed to find what your looking for.'
So we where looking for hydrant main and we had a rough idea were it was, he walked the court yard north to south and the two rods swung inward we dug 600mm down (We knew how deep it was) and low and behold it was right there. I needed to find a live HV cable on the same site, similiar depth and the rods reacted... to an old decaying tree root! the cable was about 1 meter away and the rods didn't react at all to it.
It is a load of hoodoo voodoo but I'm going to get some rods off the plumber tomorrow and get some practice in, I could really use 1 million dollars.

Divining definatly works for finding water. I have done it often just walk around the yard and you will find the water pipes under ground, try it youll see. Not sure if its the water or metal pipe it picks up. Not so sure about the one in 5 bit pretty sure everyone ive shown can do it. The old guy on bering sea gold did it the other night for gold, how true that is I dont know.

Basically get 2 bits of fencing wire or 2 coat hangers bend one end about 6" at right angle the make a loose fist allowing the wire to be just above your fingers. Walk over a water pipe and the rods will turn towards it.

If you have shares in Minelab time to get out. All you need is some wire instead of a $6500 machine.

Funny I have not seen anyone walking around the gold fields with 2 bits of wire and a pocket full of nuggets. I wonder why that is?
Again all anecdotal and no real evidence.

Pauly, would love to hear your explanation for the 2 videos on post #2. Maybe video cameras play havoc with the channeling :rolleyes:
I've done it, it must work is called 'confirmation bias'. One of the worst types of evidence and a closed mind to any other possibilities.

I wasn't going to respond to another one of these, but it makes you wonder if posters read all the other posts as none of the real evidence is
addressed and no real proof supporting is forthcoming. Just more people saying it works because I did it or know someone who can.

I hit a water pipe with the bucket on my tractor. Can my tractor divine water? No, I don't think so. It was in the house yard. Pretty good odds
of there being pipes. Didn't realise that the plumber had hit rocks and covered the pipes with about 15cm of soil :mad

Do I wish magic or some sort of unseen mystical forces or power were true? Hell yeah, that would be great. Turn everything we know on its ear
and open a whole new world of discovery and learning to us. However I am not going to believe something until it is properly proven and I don't have to
make all different sorts of excuses and allowances to make it truly stack up. If it is not repeatable and it is not testable, well what is it really?

My last say on this matter. Congratulations to whoever takes the million dollars first as it sounds like we have a few contenders. That will be proof enough for me. ;)

Seems pretty simple to me, Its similar to religion. If its faith based, doesnt matter if its real or not. If people are happy to do it and believe it works doesn't matter if "science" cant explain it. The Earth definitely has currents running thru it as well as a magnetic field and different rock structures and Aquifers would most certainly effect this. And there has also been studies to see how magnetite content in the brain may help pick up magnetic fields as well as the fact that you actually emit your own Field. So whilst the science hasn't been combined to prove it, there is absolute merit in the "theory", Well more than there is for a magic wizard in the sky, But that's another thread altogether. haha

Dogmatic said:
If you have shares in Minelab time to get out. All you need is some wire instead of a $6500 machine.

Funny I have not seen anyone walking around the gold fields with 2 bits of wire and a pocket full of nuggets. I wonder why that is?
Again all anecdotal and no real evidence.

Do you see many people walking around the gold fields with a minelab 5000 and a pocket full of nuggets? :)

Looking at the video and the challenge link then I would say the confines of the gazebo and the placements of the articals is outside the divining range. Mind you I havent tried to find a bottle of water in a box....

As for the challenge I dont think that applies to divining. In my opinion divining has nothing to do with paranormal or pshycic mumbo jumbo. My explanation of divining would be purely magnetic, im no scientist so I can explain how things react with the earths magnetic fields but it would have alot to do with it.

Your obviously highly sceptical but what if somebody was to get two coat hangers and find your water pipes in your yard or any other yard for that matter? Not sure about finding natural water 30 mtres down though.

As for divining gold or any other metal im open to the possibility, once again magnetic fields etc. I would think the only way you could rule out diving gold would be to bury 1/2 a kilo of the stuff then try it, no point trying to find small nuggets, heck even detectors struggle with them.

If anyone on this forum has used dowsing rods before and knows some tricks I would like to here from you, thanks

I've heard of a bloke around here that has about an 80% success rate finding water with them.

Makes you wonder if the other 20% could be something else - especially being a gold area.

Science cannot prove where human chackras are, but it has been known for thousands of years, that the human body has energy centres, and that medittion improves your health, physicaly and mentaly, in my experience meditation has alot to do with intent. I receive images soley off intent once i reach an extremely calm relaxed centered state, if i cannot relax my self properly i dont receive anytihing, its almost got to be the perfect setting, Some days its just easier thn others, this is the feeling i get from dowsing theory

certain places and times of the year help, also it funny that on everyfull moon animals are more agressive, and woman have menstrual cycle

Latest posts