Dingo attacks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
Jaros said:
I think it is stated that because of their isolation from the mainland of Australia that the dingoes on the island have the purest bloodlines of the breed so they want them kept isolated.

That doesn't alter their status.
They culled the brumbies into extinction that used to live on Fraser, they were pure too.

Introduced species. Send them to the glue factory.

Cheers

Doug

Goldfreak said:
I have opinions but to avoid a :poop: fight I think one we could all agree on is there tameness is part of the problem, most dingo and wild dogs I saw up north and foxes around here stay well away from people.
Absolutely! Made worse by the availability of food scraps around camps and people even throwing them food. Wild animals should be treated like wild animals but many urban people think of them like pet animals. It was easier in Africa - we all knew that all lions around the camp were not pets - but carefully coexisted with them.

Sad though, and they probably need to cull those showing signs of being too aggressive. Trouble is, those are some of the purest left so they are loathe to cull. Perhaps just "cull" the humans by restricting access more. And how could a Japanese or Chinese tourist direct from their homeland on their first overseas holiday be expected to know?

This guy is lucky to come out of this alive.
What we all need to realise is that the wild animals in the bush are just that-wild.
Many people try to tame them. Every time I see children playing with a "tame" kangaroo I worry that sooner or later it is going to grip them by the shoulders, rock back on its tail, wind up its back legs and playfully rip their guts out. Its their nature.
Dingoes are particularly intelligent.
An old aborigine told me how he had watched two young dingoes stalking a grazing wallaby. They crept up until the wallaby raised its head at which point they started to romp about and playfully engage in mock fighting,
The wallaby decided they were not a threat and continued grazing at which point the dingoes continued the stalk until the wallaby looked up again when they again began to romp playfully.
After several repetitions of this tactic they got close enough to bring the wallaby down.
Against this background it is not outside the bounds of possibility that the dingoes that attacked Chris Adams may have been acting in concert with the mangy old "helpless" dingo in an attempt to get close to him before he realised they were a threat.
Scary!

Latest posts