Dingo attacks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me wonder if they are intelligent enough to grab the phone as bait knowing the human would come for it?
Or was that just coincidence that the phone was dropped where the other two dingos were waiting?

LC76 said:
Makes me wonder if they are intelligent enough to grab the phone as bait knowing the human would come for it?
Or was that just coincidence that the phone was dropped where the other two dingos were waiting?

Well some people think they are smart enough to fold matinee jackets.

LC76 said:

Very good point. They are very smart animals and can work out a lot of things

Ten years ago I had a couple of crossbred wild dogs sneaking in close to me at Red Flag near Laverton. I sat down and let them get to about 20 metres from me and then gave them a 120db blast with my portable air horn (similar to pic below). One dog cart wheeled backwards and they both took off screaming and as far as I know, they are still running.

1532322793_mm101.jpg

Jeff

LC76 said:

They took the phone to ambush location and switched on maul waiting.

Too soon?

I'll be honest , I don't like wearing headphones while detecting purely because I can't hear animals around me. Even grass moving in the wind nakes me nervous.

I have my reservations about the full truth of this story. I'm not doubting the lady or that it happened, but, looking at the pics of her wounds I would very much doubt some of them were done while she was still standing nor were they done by a dog the size of a "dingo"
1of the 1st fatalities in war and journalism is the truth, take the story with a large grain of salt .

I also have my reservations, Xcvator. The report states that the lady was in a designated safe area and if that was the case, why were dingoes there?

Dingo attack stories rate up there with crocs and sharks when it comes to a bit of sensationalism, more-so than an attack by a suburban mutt. A surfing mate of mine was bitten on the hand by a little bronze whaler back in the early 90's and by the time the story had done the rounds of the media, the shark had morphed into a white pointer and grown by a few metres.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Jeff

Latest posts