Detecting Finds with XP Deus

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Thought I might start a new thread with the finds I make with the Xp Deus (pronounced day-uhs) which arrived this week.

Will be testing it out in the gold fields as well.

First a quick initial review.

1. Weight - The XP Deus is so light I swung it non stop today for 2.5 hours and could of kept going but the sun
was starting to set. I was like a boy in a candy shop. Dig one target and I quickly went onto the next.

2. Pin pointing is dead easy and its the easiest experience to date compared to other machines I have
used using the cross checking method.

3. Iron volume - I love this feature where you can hear the iron and can control the volume of the iron and the Deus
has a feature that can separate both targets.

4. Frequency choice - used this today where a target was just coming in under the 12khz. Change it the lower setting and
the target is more audible. This depends on the conductivity of the metal as well.

16b53601-d2ba-417f-9eca-97eff4a8fef8_zps51caa7f6.jpg

Above are my tools of choice.

From left - LittLe Eagle Spade 4" wide perfect plug cutter, lesche hand digger, heavy duty finds bag with thick bottom
mesh (which I use in the water as well) & Garrett Pin Pointer purchased from Phil at the Gold Mining Centre.

The area I went to was bare land with one site dating back to the mid 18th century and the other early 19th century.
The buildings have been removed and there is patches of quartz and rocks and bits of grass. The area is large maybe
the size of 3 footy ovals.

So the next question where do I start? Went to the back area first and when the first penny popped out 30 minutes latter
I was happy because I knew I found one of the sites.

8ad47e5d-ad3e-4c56-8ee9-08f0646a475d_zps9663f750.jpg

This half penny was the 2nd coin found and the signal was like a buzzing sound but very noticeable due to its depth
which was around 7" or so.

08fe4f3d-abe1-4096-81ce-eccafd7f17a1_zps6e894c9c.jpg

My goodies for today.

Below is also a link of some of my other finds.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7367

cmark said:
Great post,

Looks like you could swing it all day.

Is it wireless?

Thank you for your comments.

Yes fully wireless.

And I forgot to mention I only used the pin pointer 3 times because the XP Deus is light and I pinpoint with the XP
just by picking it up by the stem with little effort with one hand.

Good to see the Deus is getting the desired results for you, how is it going regarding mineralisation in the area? :)

Goldpick said:
Good to see the Deus is getting the desired results for you, how is it going regarding mineralisation in the area? :)

Going by the smile on your reply you don't think it will
Handle the mineralisation?

You might be in for a surprise but time will tell :)

I bought it to test out in the goldfields. Have not
Been out yet because its not close near by. I bought
The deus in response to the feedback by an experienced
User that the Gold program works really well and is
Brilliant in iron.

So far no Issue. Its an impressive detector. Went over an
area i Went over with the other machine i just tested and
the 2nd signal out pops a florin. I could not believe it. I
Am still out on site when i get back ill post up the florin.

Went over a small area today I have gone over previously. 2nd target was the florin that surprised me.

Was lucky enough to find a couple of $2 coins.

In an area 5 metres x 5 metres I have picked up lots of canslaw and aluminium screw caps on 2 detecting sessions.

Very trashy site. I am sure there is more hidden there.

8da4c048-e5fc-4a38-8cd7-1a163e762252_zpscb7e5c91.jpg

Wolfau said:
Goldpick said:

Going by the smile on your reply you don't think it will
Handle the mineralisation?

You might be in for a surprise but time will tell :)

I bought it to test out in the goldfields. Have not
Been out yet because its not close near by. I bought
The deus in response to the feedback by an experienced
User that the Gold program works really well and is
Brilliant in iron.

So far no Issue. Its an impressive detector. Went over an
area i Went over with the other machine i just tested and
the 2nd signal out pops a florin. I could not believe it. I
Am still out on site when i get back ill post up the florin.

No, it was a genuine question, I ask as you may well know there is always skepticism on how European made detectors will handlle our conditions, hence why I asked in the first place. Smileys are just there because I am just a happy chappy, and always keen to learn something new! ;)

Goldpick said:
No, it was a genuine question, I ask as you may well know there is always skepticism on how European made detectors will handlle our conditions, hence why I asked in the first place. Smileys are just there because I am just a happy chappy, and always keen to learn something new! ;)

No idea what you're talking about. In fact I believe its
A very popular detector in the USA.

Could you elaborate more what your implying though?

Every manufacture makes a single frequency detector.
How are these different compared to the XP Deus?
And mind you these single frequency detectors
Are being recommended for gold prospecting on this
very Forum?

Not implying anything, just a interested on your views on how it copes with our typical goldfields mineralisation, considering many other brands of vlf detectors struggle to ground balance properly in certain areas of vic and wa, including detectors like the goldbugs.

Goldpick said:
Not implying anything, just a interested on your views on how it copes with our typical goldfields mineralisation, considering many other brands of vlf detectors struggle to ground balance properly in certain areas of vic and wa, including detectors like the goldbugs.

Keith is the guy I listen to who is based in the USA. He is an expert in finding stuff in iron. Steve H has also purchased one to test after
the rave reviews Keith had on the XP working well in orange dirt and had rave reviews about the new Gold Program.

Will try to get motivated and head out to the bush for some gold detecting latter in the week and will let you know.

Goldpick said:
VLF's struggle in NSW also in "hot" areas. They can be good when used in the right areas though but for full tilt gold detecting I reckon you won't beat a PI regardless of programs.

mbasko said:
VLF's struggle in NSW also in "hot" areas. They can be good when used in the right areas though but for full tilt gold detecting I reckon you won't beat a PI regardless of programs.

yep same goes for vic
regards trashy

Latest posts