Detecting Durikai

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aussie84 said:
I just moved to warwick and am free most weekends. Want to meet up?

Aussie appreciate the offer. If I'm coming down that way will certainly yell out :Y: Just trying to fit it in with an O/S trip , then one up to FNQ along with the annual Tibooburra trip :eek: The last being more of a catch up with the lads trip than bring home the ounces. :Y:
Hang in there with that SDC ...................... it will see you good ;)

Hey guys I am new to site and ive been going to Warwick every Thursday gold detecting with my AT Max for the last 7 weeks spending from 630am to 4pm at Carbean road fossicking site and covered almost whole site and not found any gold at all met a guy called Mark out there this week I stayed at Karara pub great place great room and food was great and cheap. I am a going back out there Tuesday any tips how to find my first piece of gold or is anyone keen to come to Warwick Tuesday I am josh from Ipswich

Hey guys I am new to site and ive been going to Warwick every Thursday gold detecting with my AT Max for the last 7 weeks spending from 630am to 4pm at Carbean road fossicking site and covered almost whole site and not found any gold at all met a guy called Mark out there this week I stayed at Karara pub great place great room and food was great and cheap. I am a going back out there Tuesday any tips how to find my first piece of gold or is anyone keen to come to Warwick Tuesday I am josh from Ipswich

Joshua b said:

Have you given any thought to try a different machine GPX / SDC. If your there that often look into hiring the SDC if there's gold within its capabilities it will find it.

Ive tested my At Max on my mates gold it finds his small nuggets easy on trial tests yet I can't find anything at carbean road site anyone keen to come out detecting on coming Tuesday 15th of May as ill be there again

Joshua b

Durikai is a very big place and most of the fossicking area has been gone over by someone at some stage. Having said that, there is still gold there. Mate of mine turned up 5 nuggets at nearly 7 grams there recently using a Gold Monster 1000.

I have just been there this weekend and no luck and I am pushing an SDC 2300. Just gotta walk over it.

I can get there during the week but PM me if you want to catch up on a weekend. I am gona try and get there a couple of time between now and June.

Good luck !!

Thanks Mike. Ill let you know when I get a weekend off work most of my days off are mid week ill be going to durikai tomorrow and Tuesday this week but thank for your help

3 small nuggets came out of Carbeen Road Friday using a 7000, last weekend 2 small nuggets were taken with a sdc at carbeen.. and I got my first piece with zed at Durikai this weekend.. you will need a rake to have a chance. There is gold still there just small and you have to work hard for it. There will be a few of us out there this weekend :)
1526208058_received_1846742012292566.jpg

Cando said:
3 small nuggets came out of Carbeen Road Friday using a 7000, last weekend 2 small nuggets were taken with a sdc at carbeen.. and I got my first piece with zed at Durikai this weekend.. you will need a rake to have a chance. There is gold still there just small and you have to work hard for it. There will be a few of us out there this weekend :)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1361/1526208058_received_1846742012292566.jpg
Nice bit mate
How do you think the Nox 800 will go out there :Y:

Thanks guys well hopefully I have better luck out there over the next 2 days out there but honestly thank you and nice gold in those photos

There was a Knox with us this weekend, old bloke first time out in the goldfields with it... after a few pointers, like not pointing the coil to the stars, slowing his swing speed down, knocking the sensitivity down, to about 10.. he started to find shot at about 3 inchs, instead of faulting everywhere. if you are finding shot, you'll find gold I assume if you walk over it.. I don't use mine out there I'm waiting for the small coil like a six inch or a 5 by 10 or something like that. The 11 inch too big but that is only my opinion :)

Let you in on a little secret, it took me 12 months of long weekends to find my first piece out there :eek: ;) .... so keep it up it will happen, law of averages :D

Hey guys still no luck out there in Warwick I am useing a AT MAX with a 8.5 x 11 DD coil is that coil no good for Warwick? should I be buying a 5 x 8 coil I am heading back out to karara Friday 25th if anyone is keen

Hi Joshua, I dont know about Warwick but I do have an AT Max with both coils.
I have no doubt if you can put it over a nugget it will tell its there! But it it will be false signaling a hell of lot over hot ground and that makes it hard to pick a good signal.
Take some test pieces with you small bits of lead will substitute and set it up to hear them.
And no I havent found any gold with a metal detector!
Matt T

I've tried my At Max on at 5gram nugget and a 1.3gram nugget and it finds them haven't tested it with smaller pieces with the standard coil but yeah I find alot of hot rocks thanks for info

Latest posts