Carbean Rd, Karara

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We headed out on a recce this week to Durikai GPA and started from Carbean Rd along where the Mcintyre Wind Farm Construction is happening, and we were hoping to come up through Durikai GPA from the bottom end of Carbean Rd. We are camping near this area in a weeks time and wanted to check it out.

It was all good until we passed through Carbean Homestead and another station and then there was a sign on the cattle grid and station entrance (still Carbean Rd) saying "no entry construction site. No public access."

So we turned around and drove back to the Cunningham Hway. Is it possible to block access to a public road? Would the station owner or the Wind Farm construction possibly have a special permit? I was wondering about it. Look forward to your views.

Yes they can... Especially in QLD.... 'Construction Site' No Entry means just that... Done by Wind farm Construction Company for their O.H & S.....

LW...

We headed out on a recce this week to Durikai GPA and started from Carbean Rd along where the Mcintyre Wind Farm Construction is happening, and we were hoping to come up through Durikai GPA from the bottom end of Carbean Rd. We are camping near this area in a weeks time and wanted to check it out.

It was all good until we passed through Carbean Homestead and another station and then there was a sign on the cattle grid and station entrance (still Carbean Rd) saying "no entry construction site. No public access."

So we turned around and drove back to the Cunningham Hway. Is it possible to block access to a public road? Would the station owner or the Wind Farm construction possibly have a special permit? I was wondering about it. Look forward to your views.
Last time I was there it said the same thing. The access to the gpa is ten metres past the cattle grid I just drove straight through no dramas at all openened the gate and went in. Plenty of times lately Carbean rd has been blocked at the highway and a detour is in place. Just keep heading down the Highway take the next left and it brings you back into Carbean rd further along. Other option if u have a 4wd is to use the gate on the highway at the end of the rabbit proof fence then follow that back to Carbean rd. It’s a bit bumpy but otherwise ok I’m a 4wd. Hope this helps

Last time I was there it said the same thing. The access to the gpa is ten metres past the cattle grid I just drove straight through no dramas at all openened the gate and went in. Plenty of times lately Carbean rd has been blocked at the highway and a detour is in place. Just keep heading down the Highway take the next left and it brings you back into Carbean rd further along. Other option if u have a 4wd is to use the gate on the highway at the end of the rabbit proof fence then follow that back to Carbean rd. It’s a bit bumpy but otherwise ok I’m a 4wd. Hope this helps
Thanks for your advice. We are staying on a property along Carbean Rd and have a 4wd. We'll give it a go and also have a chat with the property owner as we do want access to get back to camp at night too.

I drove the same road yesterday. Went past the sign ,crossed over a new road and followed a goat track for about another 2 kilometres and ran into another new road where they were working. It looked closed off so I returned back. Not sure if you can get in from the south..

Latest posts