Detecting around Seymour Victoria?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Any good detecting areas that might be around Seymour, thought I'd try around that area and unfamiliar with places to swing there :)

Sometimes, you just gotta go with the gut for a try Nuggy...if it works you win(if not you learn) :D ..... and a guess could pay big if it lays outside the norm where many feet have tread.
Otherwise we find ourselves just seeing if we missed something, going over and over the same ground( I find myself wishing sometimes, but it never pays well, as nothing manifests spontaneously..... ever lol)

silver said:
I find myself wishing sometimes, but it never pays well, as nothing manifests spontaneously..... ever lol)

So true Silver, as the old Scottish saying goes "If Wishes were Fishes, we'd all cast nets in the sea"

Im not a geologist, but the box stands, the ironstone and some of the cutouts on the GV hwy north of the Goulburn showing (deep) marine channel deposits always made me wonder.

Ive searched a few times on trove on the old and new names around there only to come up with no obvious results.

The Nagambie project and Violet town success leads me to think the ground might be the outer edges of the same geo timeframe of the Nagambie/whroo/rushworth, but is it gold bearing is the question.

Being right on the River I would suspect had anything noteworthy been recorded it could be searched.

Strange though you have King Parrot, Ghin Ghin and Yea, Nagambie, and those southern deposits but nothing obvious right there.

Ground looks good if not deep, but not anywhere I can point you to.

Good luck.

Latest posts