Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
Never stops giving! How much has that site given you?

This spot has given me heaps Rocket, most of my best finds have comd from here, the opal ring, gold ring with ruby, the garnet ring, at leasr 10 or more silver rings, dunno how many silver coins, maybe more than half of my coin collection is from there, plus about $1000 or more in goldies too.

I avoided the underground cable area for a while as it was guarded by an evil magpie too, lol. Still have a bit to do there so hopefully some florins are hiding there still. The whole site has a lot of junk too so still good targets among the trash. I still need to redo some of the trashier areas in the ferrous/coin setting as it can identify good targets under junk.

Should still give me somewhere to fall back on in between finding new spots.

It is Rod, less than a 5 minute drive from home and in winter has about 500 people every weekend there watching sports. Plus there is another field close by that gets about the same amount of people there. I'm not the only one who detects it but don't know what the others get...... I've probably hit it way harder than the others and the CTX just works so well there.

Those buried EMI sources can be a real pain on the FBS detectors, though I only have such issues occurring in a very small percentage of the ground I detect. Might be worth running a single frequency detector over your EMI spot, especially for the deeper, harder to hear targets. That's what my G2 was handy for when out and about with the Explorer/Etrac, other than just being a backup detector. :)

Goldpick said:
Those buried EMI sources can be a real pain on the FBS detectors, though I only have such issues occurring in a very small percentage of the ground I detect. Might be worth running a single frequency detector over your EMI spot, especially for the deeper, harder to hear targets. That's what my G2 was handy for when out and about with the Explorer/Etrac, other than just being a backup detector. :)

Good idea GP, might hit it with the Aldi for a change and see what it reveals, it's been a while since playing with it..

Couple of hours this arvo at the old honey hole, still producing. Low and slow, I missed these previously, from an area I've already detected, don't disregard spots you've already done, no one gets it all, including you, yes you. :D

1448260640_20151123_170230.jpg

Too true Heatho, go back over an area previously gridded (in one direction only), and you will be surprised what turns up by gridding again in the opposite direction. ;)

What's the little shield, a pin or a cuff link? :)

Goldpick said:
Too true Heatho, go back over an area previously gridded (in one direction only), and you will be surprised what turns up by gridding again in the opposite direction. ;)

That's exactly what I did GP. :) The shield is a pendant, upside down actually, it's of the Greek god Apollo, it's not silver, just junk.

Heatho said:
Goldpick said:

That's exactly what I did GP. :) The shield is a pendant, upside down actually, it's of the Greek god Apollo, it's not silver, just junk.

Great minds think alike heh! :D

Goldpick said:
Heatho said:
Goldpick said:

North to south then east to west then diagonally.

Ramjet said:
Goldpick said:
Heatho said:
Goldpick said:

North to south then east to west then diagonally.

That's right mate.

It's an Apollo pendant.

Goldpick said:
Heatho said:
Goldpick said:

Sure do :) , I reckon if I do a diagonal like RJ suggested there will probably be more there, pretty junk infested there.

Ramjet said:
The spot we hit today is like t hat so much trash in a small area but it's full of goldies too. Low n slow from multi directions gave up more coins from ground we'd been over.

Yeah it makes a big difference. When I started detecting I was like I was going for an afternoon stroll swinging a walking stick. Though when I learned to slow down and go from a few different directions my finds increased quickly, especilly in junk filled ground.

I know your not a goldie hunter Rod but they add up pretty fast, you'll have money for an upgrade in to time with totals like you got today.