CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks fellas, the beaches have been extremely busy this year and there have been a lot of tourists, can't believe how much stuff I've found either.

The silver ring was my first find yesterday and the coins started really slow as I worked my way from the water edge then back up from wet to dry. All the coins started coming from below a 1 metre cut along this section of beach and once they starting coming in they just kept coming very quickly.

It's nice and cool today but drizzling, hopefully it clears up and stays nice and cool and I'll try to get out for another hunt today.

Hit the beach today with local member "Old Dog New Tricks" for a couple of hours today, he was swinging a Garrett ATX. We both managed a few coins and some jewellery. He hit the pub for a beer after a couple of hours and I stayed on for an extra hour as I started getting onto a few decent finds.

Was good to meet you mate, will have to organise another hunt soon.

1517382051_img_20180131_173338.jpg

1517382051_img_20180131_173354.jpg

1517382052_img_20180131_175226.jpg

Nice hunt Heath,you never fail to produce the goods.I just googled the ring with the two hands holding the heart and it is a "Claddagh ring" an Irish ring that represents love,loyalty and friendship.The hands (friendship),the heart (love) and the crown (loyalty).The Claddagh ring is used as a friendship ring but most commonly as an engagement or wedding ring.

Cheers Art and Eldorado.

It is a nice ring, gave a perfect sterling silver 12:47 target ID too which I generally take to mean that it's well made, was stoked when it popped out. A bloke actually came over and asked me if I'd found a silver ring which was his wedding ring, wish this one was it as I would have given it back to him but it wasn't.

Hope they release the equinox before you strip the Northern Beaches of jewellery Heath.

Are you having an exceptional run or has your game plan changed and the rings are flowing as a result ?

Well done Heatho nice run on the rings and coins...I know a platinum ring is TID 6 on the 705 but never had a chance to run it over a palladium. Good score mate. :)
Pandora making a fortune... :Y:

Just lots of gridding Wally, maybe digging a few more different types of signals, haven't really changed my approach, just lot's of people about this year. I think I've been spending way more time at beaches than parks too and it's paying off, I've never done so much beach detecting.

Cheers Art, I think these precious metals can be any TID depending on alloy, I got a 23k gold ring once that was more like a sterling silver signal at 12:44-46. I thought this ring was silver at first until I saw the fineness mark. Then I thought platinum but it's not heavy enough for platinum, SG test puts it right near 850 palladium.

I know there are quite a few different alloys they use with palladium and platinum.

Really weird ring this one, just gave it a polish and the signal coming off it is all over the shop, 02-10:37-48, dunno whether it's the matte finish and polished inside or what, very different to anything I've detected before.

Really polished up beautifully with minimal effort too.

I should start checking those numbers , your saying the first 2 numbers are jumping 2 and 10 with the last 2 numbers between 37 to 48? Platinum gives a nice dolid number . Interesting though - both metals are related

Latest posts