CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much to report, a few deep crusty coins, I don't think there is a single piece of metal left on this beach now....... :( Might have to hit Brunswick Heads or Byron Bay for a go.

Hey Wally it's just a map o Tassie on there, no makers mark at all. I have done a google search and found a few similar pictures of Tassie silver jewellery in the same style but nothing concrete as to who the maker is.

Probably just going to stay here Dan as we are booked in for another 3 nights, it's so peaceful. Might go to Brunswick Heads today for lunch and a quick swing though. Not sure if I'll get further up the coast this trip as we have to get back to Sydney on Tuesday. :(

Heatho said:
Probably just going to stay here Dan as we are booked in for another 3 nights, it's so peaceful. Might go to Brunswick Heads today for lunch and a quick swing though. Not sure if I'll get further up the coast this trip as we have to get back to Sydney on Tuesday. :(
No worries Heatho looks like a cracking trip :)

Hey Dan, still at Evans Head until Tuesday, I tried Lennox Head yesterday and got about 10 bucks, a lot less than I thought I'd get. There are a lot of detectorists in this North Coast area. I'm spoilt in Sydney as I feel that I have most of the Northern Beaches to myself. :)

I was in Byron the other day but didn't hang around, was way too busy, reminded me of Manly Corso on a Saturday morning....... :|

There's another spot I'm going to try here today and see if there are any pre dec coins lurking under the surface. :Y:

Heatho said:
Hey Dan, still at Evans Head until Tuesday, I tried Lennox Head yesterday and got about 10 bucks, a lot less than I thought I'd get. There are a lot of detectorists in this North Coast area. I'm spoilt in Sydney as I feel that I have most of the Northern Beaches to myself. :)

I was in Byron the other day but didn't hang around, was way too busy, reminded me of Manly Corso on a Saturday morning....... :|

There's another spot I'm going to try here today and see if there are any pre dec coins lurking under the surface. :Y:
Yeah the competition ramps up a bit , the further north you go.

Few more rigs today and a small earing. One is turquoise (I think) and palladium, same beach where I found the other palladium ring a few weeks back, could be platinum but I don't think so, too light again. Other 2 are sterling. Got about $40 too. :D

1518833916_img_20180217_130305.jpg

1518833916_img_20180217_130510.jpg

Wally69 said:
So the CTX can extract an extra 25, that will shut the critics up :D :lol: :D

3 rings and a carton of beer worth of change, nice way to spend the morning.
Nice way to spend the evening too :D
:Y: :cool: :Y:

golddiggerart said:
Hmmm 950...Interesting that there wasn't any other Hallmarkings.... Nice one mate... :) :Y:

Certainly is mate, since doing some research 950 silver is more common in European countries, plenty of tourists at the beach recently.

Latest posts