CTX madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers fellas.

I leave the fives for others to find mate. :D I know I know, I'm probably missing the occasional small gold ring but there are soooo many fives that they are just not economical to dig. I used to leave tens and twenties too but I've found a few gold rings around those numbers so always dig em now.

On the CTX the fives are always 12:07, anything one number either way like 12:06 or 12:08-09 I'll dig for sure. I got one small gold ring once that was 12:05 but it was only 1g of 9k.

All the best rings I've found have been around 12:29-32, in saying that though the chunky gold bangle I got was 12:10 (near beer cap number) and another chunky white gold ring I got was 12:14, bang on 10c coin numbers.

I'm pretty careful though. :Y:

You'll never miss a ring mate. :Y:

The CTX discrim really does allow you to leave some stuff confidently once you are experienced with it.

You should see all the pulltabs and ringpulls I get though because they are all different and right in good jewellery numbers range.

And I thought it was the weather making them ring up higher sometimes :lol:

Heatho said:
Cheers fellas.

I leave the fives for others to find mate. :D I know I know, I'm probably missing the occasional small gold ring but there are soooo many fives that they are just not economical to dig. I used to leave tens and twenties too but I've found a few gold rings around those numbers so always dig em now.

On the CTX the fives are always 12:07, anything one number either way like 12:06 or 12:08-09 I'll dig for sure. I got one small gold ring once that was 12:05 but it was only 1g of 9k.

All the best rings I've found have been around 12:29-32, in saying that though the chunky gold bangle I got was 12:10 (near beer cap number) and another chunky white gold ring I got was 12:14, bang on 10c coin numbers.

I'm pretty careful though. :Y:
interestingly bunched up gold chaines come in at 1201 to 1209 depending on thickness , I dont dig up most 5s but will hit every 3rd 1207 just in case

My mates 22k chains come in at 12:02 and only at about 1 inch distance, hopefully the Equinox will get them at a better distance.

Hopefully , but not much info on it . Wonder if other detectors in the same category as the equinox or ctx can pick up gold chains easily. Gary Drayton seems to have no troubles - when reading one of his boooks . But after a couple of years using the ctx - finding one is more pure luck . The chain has to be shallow and bunched up with a pendant or largish clasp to have a chance . Then its going to be in the foil and aluminium wrapper range - so you must decide Whether or not to dig those numbers :(

Totally agree Dan, I don't believe everything I read either, not saying Gary Drayton is full of it but yeah seems to be more luck than anything for fine chains without pendants.

The Equinox 40khz Tx should nail that finer gold I would think. Well hopefully anyway.

I rarely dig any of those foil targets these days, I used to but there are so many around here that it would slow me right down, might start digging them again over the next month or so and see if I can bag some gold chains. The Calippo foil top thingos are the most annoying....

Couple of hours at Queenscliff beach this arvo, $55 and a few bits of silver jewellery. :Y: :Y:

1517287296_img_20180130_152840.jpg

1517287296_img_20180130_152900.jpg

Latest posts