CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit Manly beach this morning for a few hours, was at the main section at the end of The Corso, I know this spot gets flogged but thought maybe not by someone with a 3030 and 17" coil. I was hunting slow and as deep as possible, ended up with about $20 in moderns Seems whoever regularly detects there has done a good job of cleaning it out.......... well mostly. :D

The 2 rings were both together.

1493788313_20170503_150557.jpg

All 3 items are junkers too........... :N: :rolleyes: :lol:

They sure do look real, bit of a heart start mate. :lol: They were actually quite shallow, only about 5-10cm down.

Started raining at Manly around midday, I could see it was pouring up the North end of the peninsula and it was raining about 2km out to sea off Manly but Manly itself stayed dry. :Y: I looked at the radar before I left and it was raining in Narrabeen but not up this end so I took the gamble. :)

:lol: :lol: So the grey cloud is only over my head :N: :rolleyes: :lol:
Goes to show no one can get everything, that 17 coil must be magic, there would be nothing left behind you :lol:
My last Makro target was just deeper than a foot deep $2 and hit it loud, didn't think it would be that deep :cool: :Y:

That's pretty good to get a solid hit at that depth, the CTX can start to stuggle a bit on them if they are much deeper than 30-35cm.

Yeah the 17" is a great coil, best part is you can easilly overlap swings and still cover a good amount of ground pretty quickly.

Heatho said:
That's pretty good to get a solid hit at that depth, the CTX can start to stuggle a bit on them if they are much deeper than 30-35cm.

Yeah the 17" is a great coil, best part is you can easilly overlap swings and still cover a good amount of ground pretty quickly.
Really didn't expect it to be that deep, might be because it was on the moist not hard pack sand, I've had heaps of foot deep goldies that wern't that loud but was running a slightly different GB setting to what I usually do, seemed to work well :cool: :Y:

B5MECH said:
Heatho said:

Really didn't expect it to be that deep, might be because it was on the moist not hard pack sand, I've had heaps of foot deep goldies that wern't that loud but was running a slightly different GB setting to what I usually do, seemed to work well :cool: :Y:
Hey B5 ive pulled heaps of goldies from the sand at 12 inchs + and good strong signals....but in the dirt they are much quieter...but still a recognisable signal....GO THE XTERRA 705 WITH THE 15 INCH COIL :eek: :lol: :p :p {) {) :D

Hey Heatho, Manly, 1960-61, a young boy from the scrub saw the ocean for the first time. Mum said here is your Dads watch so you know what time you and your brother have to get the bus back to the hotel.
If you happen to find that watch, I know the owner. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Mackka
PS
Yes I copped it big time, still feel it.

B5MECH said:
:lol: :lol: So the grey cloud is only over my head :N: :rolleyes: :lol:
Goes to show no one can get everything, that 17 coil must be magic, there would be nothing left behind you :lol:
My last Makro target was just deeper than a foot deep $2 and hit it loud, didn't think it would be that deep :cool: :Y:
The quartz crystal will help clear the clouds and the fog you have been subjected to B5 :lol: :lol:

Heatho said:
Hit Manly beach this morning for a few hours, was at the main section at the end of The Corso, I know this spot gets flogged but thought maybe not by someone with a 3030 and 17" coil. I was hunting slow and as deep as possible, ended up with about $20 in moderns Seems whoever regularly detects there has done a good job of cleaning it out.......... well mostly. :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1493788313_20170503_150557.jpg

lucky you had the 17x13 coil and the ctx 20 bucks is still a good score . You would of found 2 buck 35 cents with the 705 and pull tabs with a frenchie :lol: :lol: :p

Danny13 said:
Heatho said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/487/1493788313_20170503_150557.jpg

lucky you had the 17x13 coil and the ctx 20 bucks is still a good score . You would of found 2 buck 35 cents with the 705 and pull tabs with a frenchie :lol: :lol: :p

Touche! :p Pity about the junkers Heatho, very inconsiderate of them not to leave quality items behind at least the goldies made up for it. ;)

Goldpick said:
Danny13 said:
Heatho said:

Touche! :p Pity about the junkers Heatho, very inconsiderate of them not to leave quality items behind at least the goldies made up for it. ;)

Haha, yeah mate I was thinking exactly the same thing. thoughtless buggers. :Y: :D

Mackka said:
Hey Heatho, Manly, 1960-61, a young boy from the scrub saw the ocean for the first time. Mum said here is your Dads watch so you know what time you and your brother have to get the bus back to the hotel.
If you happen to find that watch, I know the owner. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Mackka
PS
Yes I copped it big time, still feel it.

That's a classic Mackka, if I found that watch I'd hapilly send it back mate. :D Yeah I bet you were in strife, can just picture it now... :lol:

Hit my main honey hold for a couple of hours this arvo giving one of my best mates Megs a rundown on detecting, he was using the aldi and I was on the CTX, we got a few coins each and I got a deep 47 florin. I got a 51 sixpence yesterday arvo too.

Finds from the last 2 hunts.

1494230079_20170508_173911.jpg

1494230079_20170508_173941.jpg

Latest posts