CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandta said:
Now doesnt that sound crazy ... ?
Minelab pinpointer , upsets minelab detector
:rolleyes:
It does sound a bit that way Sandta, you should hear the SDC and GPX when the pinpointer is near either of those, much worse than the CTX.

Here's my most recent silvers after a bit of a clean, soaked in a CAB for a few hours and then a rub with bi-carb, good as new. :)

1489715638_20170317_124805.jpg

Nice 8) :Y: that's a nice set, just missing a shilling or two :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: did you get out and have a look at any of the beaches?
Think I might give one a try tonight if the weather holds off :eek:

Hi Heatho,
Great looking bunch of silvers there mate, they will look great in some form of display case, that is if you can find one big enough to put your entire collection of PD silvers in, sure would be something to talk about when visitors call by.
Cheers, Sinhof.

golddiggerart said:
Wow those look mint....btw what is CAB?
Citric acid bath,get some citric acid powder from the cake section of the supermarket.Put half a teaspoon of the citric acid powder in a container add some hot water,just enough water to cover the silver coin and soak it for a couple of minutes.Brush off the gunk with a kids art brush and it should be like new.Neutralise the acid on the coin with a bi-carb solution.

Eldorado said:
golddiggerart said:
Wow those look mint....btw what is CAB?
Citric acid bath,get some citric acid powder from the cake section of the supermarket.Put half a teaspoon of the citric acid powder in a container add some hot water,just enough water to cover the silver coin and soak it for a couple of minutes.Brush off the gunk with a kids art brush and it should be like new.Neutralise the acid on the coin with a bi-carb solution.

Thank you appreciate it very much. :)

Yeah I'm totally over it too mate, never seen so many rainy days, well not for a long time anyway. I'm out of practice I think, my arm is even sore from swinging the CTX with 17" coil......

rocketaroo said:
Time to upgrade to a super lite Deus!
lol

A de de de, hmmm I can't even say the word, lol. Oh, I might get 1 eventually. Won't take the CTX long to snavel enough goldies to buy 1. :D

Will just put the 11" coil back on the CTX maybe, dunno depends on the site really. The 17" puts the balance out a bit.

Cheers Arthur, was happy to get the shilling, hadn't found one in a while.

Latest posts