CTX 3030 finds by Ramjet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'Day Ramjet,
Glad to see your big coil made it to you OK, you may not require a harness to swing the 3030 with the big coil on board, it took me quite a few hours to become happy swinging the combination, you kind of work up a rhythm and after a while the actual weight of the coil becomes less of an issue, bit hard to explain.
Most of the time when out with the 3030 I wear a harness because it has my dual speaker set-up built into it and it would be simple enough to connect the 3030 to it with a bungee cord but thus far I've not found a need for it, can pretty much put in a full day with no problems; it's a case of conditioning one's self to the new configuration, if you have problems due to injury then it could be a whole different ball game.
Just my findings with this combo.
Cheers, Sinhof.
PS: The new 19" coil for the GPZ7000 weighs in at a fraction under 2kg, now that is going to be interesting in terms of swing weight, next week will tell the story LOL,I'm hoping the above 3030 combination will go some way to conditioning the body to handle the added detector weight.

Strapping young buck like yourself just be able to use one hand ,... ya won't even notice it's there ! :D

Evening Silver,
Which strapping young bloke are you referring to, hope it was aimed at me, I like the sound of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! young bloke LOL.
Cheers, SinHof.

Coupla strapping young blokes with 3030's getting around then hey SinHof ,.... you included too ! :D :D

Thanks for that Silver, been trying to hook-up with Ramjet, the other strapping young bloke so we can compare 3030 notes but not happened yet; come Friday I'm off chasing the yellow metal and the NAPFA AGM at Hill End, will be good to catch up with the other PA members that are attending the meeting, should have some time to run the 3030 over some old sites that I have encountered out that way too.
Cheers, SinHof.

Had a short hunt on a very well detected site today. I did some grid work in one section which gave me some nice results. The larger coil definitely makes covering the ground properly much easier.

1479177468_20161115_130241.jpg

1479177468_20161115_130304.jpg

Nice one Rod, a couple of older .925 for the outing. Bit of a double edged sword running a big coil, on one hand great ground coverage, on the other the possibility of masking. Guess you have to take it on a case by case basis on whether you are missing targets due to gaps in coverage (if on a well trodden site), or whether it is due to the iron/junk hiding targets. :)

Goldpick said:
Nice one Rod, a couple of older .925 for the outing. Bit of a double edged sword running a big coil, on one hand great ground coverage, on the other the possibility of masking. Guess you have to take it on a case by case basis on whether you are missing targets due to gaps in coverage (if on a well trodden site), or whether it is due to the iron/junk hiding targets. :)

This site is very old. One of the oldest in the area so old coins should be there. The other thing is that it has been done over and over so there is very little metal of any kind left in it apart from shallow, modern stuff like pull tabs etc. A perfect place to try out the CTX and the big coil. Interesting that only the 1912 sixpence was deepish... maybe 5-6 inches. But it was up against a fence so I assume others haven't put a coil over it before. The other sixpence and penny were less than 4 inches in the centre of the area I was detecting. Again I guess no one had swung a coil over them before.

The larger coil is great for gridding these type of sites. :D I hope to get a few more goodies from there.

The sandpit sounds familiar is there Motocross sandpit jumps? I've been there MX ing years ago
Met a few local Newcastle Supercross boys there

Goldpick said:
106 silver coins, no wonder they are a little hard to come by. :eek: I wonder what gems they found amongst that lot? :)

It has been an unusual event that has brought so many older coins to the surface. I fear it is coming to an end soonish.

The guy who has all those silvers lives close so can visit more often than the rest of us. He has also found 4 pieces of gold jewellery in the last week or so. He had the opportunity to do a ring rescue yesterday and not only did he recover a lost wedding ring but found another gold ring with diamonds as well. The owner of the wedding ring was so very happy to have it recovered. :D