CTX 3030 finds by Ramjet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice hunting mate, it will impress you when you get into the different settings and discrim patterns a bit more, the big coil should impress on the beach, I'm going to get one soon too.

Ramjet said:
Just got offered $100 for the token I found today. I see them for $300+ in better shape but mine is Toasted.
TTMAR (take the money and ruuunnnnnnn) :lol:

Maybe a little research to find out how many were made and how long they were used for, maybe they changed the pattern later or some such thing that has caused them more worth, maybe they only come onto the market on very odd or rare occasions too ,.... lotta maybe's. :D

Morning Ramjet,
Am I to understand you have purchased a "17x13" for your 3030? now you will know all about weight, get yourself a bungee set-up and harness/backpack to attache it too, I think Central West prospecting Supplies have them.
Fun on the beaches from here on in, you will cover a lot more real estate quicker with that big bugger.
Cheers, Sinhof.

Heavily worn examples of that token fetch at least $150 on ebay, up to $700 for a good one, great find Rod (not to mention the large penny as well)!

Aching to get the Deus back in your hand? ;)

SinHof said:
Morning Ramjet,
Am I to understand you have purchased a "17x13" for your 3030? now you will know all about weight, get yourself a bungee set-up and harness/backpack to attache it too, I think Central West prospecting Supplies have them.
Fun on the beaches from here on in, you will cover a lot more real estate quicker with that big bugger.
Cheers, Sinhof.

G'day SH. Yes I managed to grab a 3 month old 17x13 for a good price. A friend sent me a sling harness so I might give it a go. I have found the weight to be OK. All my carry on about how heavy the CTX is was just a bit of fun. :D

I kind of figured that you were having a loan of us other 3030 swingers, LOL, regarding the weight factor; I've started working the parks with the big coil with a couple of custom discrimination patterns, depending on trash density it works very well and you can certainly cover some ground with it very quickly.
Had an hour in the park round the corner from home just before lunch trying different settings and wound up with $10.35 which was OK, still learning new tricks with the 3030.
Cheers, SinHof.

I'm still learning new tricks with it too, it's pretty versatile and there are so many ways it can be set up. We should have another meetup in a few months and compare notes on running them, will be interested to see how similarly or differently we are all running them after getting to know the units better and adapting our own settings and theory with them.

I certainly would be interested in see what programs other people are using. I have gone to manual sensitivity and run it just on the verge of falsing. I like to hear everything. Getting maximum depth is one of my goals. I have downloaded some programs off the net including those of Gary whatshisname. LOL

Had my first run on the beach this arvo. Most of these were really shallow and SinHof will know why n where. ;)

I did get a $1 coin at about 2 feet. It was under a penny that was shallow after I rechecked the hole. Just running the standard beach program but with manual sensitivity. I believe the really crusty silver coin is a shilling... right size.
Got a Pirate ring too arrrr. :D

1477982997_beach1.jpg

1477982997_beach2.jpg

1477982997_beach3.jpg

1477982997_beach4.jpg

Nice run, the shilling looks like it came from a tin of old milo :D
Is that from fresh erosion from last weeks storm?

Nice pirate ring mate and a very respectable silver coin haul. I only ever use the standard coin program and adjust the settings to whichever type of hunting I'm doing. Saying that though I will set up the standard beach program next time at the beach to the exact way I like it to save buggering around with settings. Every program is basically the same except the patterns, they are just setup for switch on and go detecting in different scenarios. In essence coin can be exactly the same as beach if you set everything the same.

As for the BB's, 12:41 will 99% of the time be a 1c coin and 12:42-46 will often be a 2c coin, buuuut if you start discriming out too many 2c coins you'll miss larger silvers for example post 46 florins are mostly 11:43. Another thing I find with BB's is the ferrous number jumps around a bit up to say 16 from different angles, when targets do that I am usually pretty certain they are a BB if the conditions are optimum, though dig all high tones until you are confident with the way it reacts, you'll soon see the difference between silver and BB's, but it's not 100% accurate.

That's why I reckon testing a lot of known objects is a good idea as it it gives you a good feel for how a certain target will react.

Anyway mate, great results. :D

Latest posts