Counterfeit/fake Minelab detectors and accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
Just slightly against ebay rules selling counterfeits, and the fact that he has more than one shows that he is not a one off seller. Surprised it hasn't been taken down yet. :/

And another point, Is why are Customs letting them in the country, They should be tracking them and Arresting the Importers, and taking away all their property because they buy their stuff with money gained from such sales, and the proceeds go to the Owner of the Patent,

John

Ridge Runner said:
Goldpick said:
Just slightly against ebay rules selling counterfeits, and the fact that he has more than one shows that he is not a one off seller. Surprised it hasn't been taken down yet. :/

And another point, Is why are Customs letting them in the country, They should be tracking them and Arresting the Importers, and taking away all their property because they buy their stuff with money gained from such sales, and the proceeds go to the Owner of the Patent,

John

Its not that simple John.

Firstly the description of goods needs to be accurate and the item
Needs to be on a banned import list of some kind I am thinking.

Wolfau said:
Ridge Runner said:
Goldpick said:

John

Its not that simple John.

Firstly the description of goods needs to be accurate and the item
Needs to be on a banned import list of some kind I am thinking.

It's a shame though, Aye
and of coarse these things take time to put into place by the powers that be. but this has been going on for a couple of years now and still nothing major has happened. it must wind Minelab up a lot,

I would not be that tolerant, but it has to go through the right channels.

John

This guy is scum.this is not the first one I have seen on eBay .I have seen a few sold in later months with company posting directly out of china. :mad:

k man said:
This guy is scum.this is not the first one I have seen on eBay .I have seen a few sold in later months with company posting directly out of china. :mad:

Well he has not answered my question as to why, as if I didn't know already, and Ebay says No Questions have been asked but that's a Lie because I asked one,
I found one clown selling a Fake Guitar a while back, the Original was worth a fortune, But the fake was not, I know it took me years to buy one.

Ridge Runner said:
I hate thieves and Liars, and that clown fits both titles, Despite my Views on certain topics I won't sit and watch anyone done down,

Not a thief or a Liar....but a clown yes. Probably more like total idiot
He openly states it is a reproduction...He is just asking for a big hammer to come down on his head.

I have also reported the item to ebay.

Horse said:
Ridge Runner said:
I hate thieves and Liars, and that clown fits both titles, Despite my Views on certain topics I won't sit and watch anyone done down,

He openly states it is a reproduction...He is just asking for a big hammer to come down on his head.

Well using someone else's good name/Brand/Logo's etc without their consent is theft of Copyright, and Patents etc as for being a Liar I never said he/she was, I just said I hate thieves and Liars,

John

Horse said:
Ridge Runner said:

Yes could be right, I did make reference to them being a Liar,

John

Unfortunately, china
Did Not sign any agreement, for parents or copy right, or anything else for that matter
if any other country made copies, it would be illegal
but China do what ever the hell they like
and no one can do anything about it
as for him selling them in Australia from an Australian address
that does come under copyright
but if the shop is in china and is shipped from there
he can't really be done for selling counterfeit items
from Australia
it's a loop hole that needs to be closed

But that would shut down nearly every Chinese market and 2 dollar shop in our country
and the Australian government won't do it
think about how many more people will end up on centerlink if they did

XIV said:
Unfortunately, china
Did Not sign any agreement, for parents or copy right, or anything else for that matter
from Australia

But that would shut down nearly every Chinese market and 2 dollar shop in our country

Well said. A chinese copy of almost anything you can think of exists. I have met one bloke who knowingly purchased a chinese reproduction of the GPX5000 and seemed happy enough with it though he hadn't found gold at the time I met him.

XIV said:
Unfortunately, china
from Australia

They make everything, Rolls Royce even. An article posted in my local bike shop states that 75% of Yamahas sold in Asia are not made by Yamaha.

They work but I couldn't tell you how well they fare compared to the genuine article. Only ran into someone who used one when in QLD. He found a lot of junk with it and he hadn't owned a detector prior to compare perfomance

The Chinese minelab 5000 copies are not a pi detector but a low quality VLF machine packed into a fancy minelab copied shell.the guts of it is it will work no better than any other Chinese vlf.hope that helps

G'day Ladies and Gents,

Best bet is to steer clear from buying a Minelab p.i site unseen from websites such as eBay and for newbies to the game buy from a reputable dealer where they all almost throw in a days training which will put you on the front foot.

Cheers,
James

SHREEVE said:
G'day Ladies and Gents,

Best bet is to steer clear from buying a Minelab p.i site unseen from websites such as eBay and for newbies to the game buy from a reputable dealer where they all almost throw in a days training which will put you on the front foot.

Cheers,
James

Amen to that,, In fact never buy any Brand detector from you know where???

The Local Shops deserve the Custom and they've got families too, I like to think of my local dealer as A Mate because they always get what you need and are always ready to help,

John

Latest posts