Coin and relic detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the responses. Still not sure which way to go but will keep reading any threads I see and keep researching. Looking forward to the freedom MGH, had a look at a mates new Jayco offroad setup yesterday. Cost just over $50K but very impressive. Will be finished my working life by September if not before and then it will be a life of discovery, prospecting and fishing. Cheers

I,ve got the Nokia Impact which is superb at ignoring the very high mineralisation in Victoria,s Golden Triangle.this detector is also superbly built
.In contrast the Equinox 800 looks like a toy in comparison and I have grave reservations that that detector can be used in the GT despite having two goldfields modes. The Impact unlike the Kruzer has the notch filter which enables one to mask multiple unwanted metals which have id,s.This is mandatory on the goldfields.Only problem with the Impact is its too sensitive and it picks up every false signal on the planet.This can be overcome by adjusting the settings and using the "save' feature.the other is its not waterproof but I dont go to the beach;also its slightly heavier than the Kruzer.You can pick one up for $1000 as it is now superseded by the Anfibio.
You also need to retire in your 50,s or 60,s to lead the life you describe as when I turned 70 I turned off caravans and now at 74 am quite content to drive and live in a Mitsubishi Starwagon.

Latest posts