Coin and relic detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CTX 3030 sure is getting good reviews. I'm leaning towards that the most, would ve good future proofing plus learning on seeing it's a good detector.

Martin said:
Wolfau said:
I have started a new post below to get some ideas on the capability of the detector.

Just hope a few of the guys reply.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6930

Some good questions there. Have you had a look at online reviews and videos for the CTX 3030? There's quite a few videos and reviews floating around that might answer your questions.

Yes and I belong to a small forum who have very skilled and experienced operators and have been seeing what these guys think.

Good Luck with it. Good to see your keen in a few different ways..

Once you get it would love to see some tests...

Yeah I love fossicking and scrounging as it is and have had some nice finds already. Getting a good detector will only help a lot more.

Looking at getting some other gear also, probably the CTX 17" coil and a pinpointer.

Will keep the forum updated with finds once I get it and start using it 8.(

hey martin - good job on picking the ctx

I have finished recording a quick video on the ctx and will have it uploaded this week - it will mainly being on the buttons and what they do and the settings i use for the beach - i hope it will help you when it arrives :)

ill also be putting a few short clips from my phone at the end finding a few rings

Sa_bogan said:
I have finished recording a quick video on the ctx and will have it uploaded this week - it will mainly being on the buttons and what they do and the settings i use for the beach - i hope it will help you when it arrives :)

ill also be putting a few short clips from my phone at the end finding a few rings

Sounds good! Looking forward to it :cool:

Sa_bogan said:
hey martin - good job on picking the ctx

Would be great for some feedback on this post here by experienced
Ctx3030 users.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6930

Martin, might be useful to contact Tassie detecting regarding the Garrett ATX. Please don't discount this on price alone as Jack may be able to "do a deal" with you. Don't want to say any more. Just check it out.

Hello all, there are so many threads about people asking which detector is best for them and i'm afraid this is another :/

I have looked through numerous threads and i'm still fairly lost, i am very new to all this but really want to get into it and learn, i think the kids will enjoy the anticipation of finding treasure as much as i will.

I'm looking to buy a detector soon, I want to use it to find coins & Gold/Silver Jewellery Mainly, will start at home while i figure it out and then move on to public areas such as parks and beeches, i don't mind if its going to detect other things that get dug up as long as it targets what i'm after.
My price range is up to and around the $1000 mark.

Not sure if i will get something to do all what i want it to do for my price range but hopefully i can :)

Thankyou
james

ps. As i said earlier, i am very new to all this, so anything technical may have to be explained to me as if i were an idiot :D

Hi James if it's a bit of treasure hunting you're looking at, there are a lot of reasonably priced detectors out there. Minelab have just released the go find series of detectors.

Hi James.
Welcome to PA. Probably the most popular coin/relic detector under $1000 would be the Garrett At Pro of Minelab x terra 705. Other good brands are Tesoro and Whites.
I've had a At Pro 2 years and love it. The 705 is a very capable machine too. On sale at Anaconda at the moment. The Pro is waterproof while the 705 has a waterproof coil.

http://www.anacondastores.com/search?text=detector&x=0&y=0

Thanks for the replies :) - i'm so eager right now

If i were to go for the X-Terra 705 - i see there is 3 models on the site, the red/black, the gold and the duel. What are the main differences between them and what best suits my needs do u think?

Does treasure count as gold/silver jewellery. The reason i ask is i have noticed u seem to get a detector that focuses on coin/treasure or gold.

Thanks again

Latest posts