Coils for Whites TDI Pro Oz Series

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluey said:
I have a Whites SPP and was looking at the Nugget Finder and Razorback coils for it,
I've decided on the 10x6 Razorback Longreach, I think this coil is better suited for the SPP or TDI's because it's 2.5 ohms which is best for the SPP and TDI, the Nugget Finder coils are made for Minelab detectors and they are .50 ohm or half an ohm of resistance, they will still work on the SPP and TDI's on the lower ohms but maybe the Razorback at 2.5 ohms would be better.
Goldsearch who is the Whites dealer sells the Nugget Finder coils because the original store owner was mates with Nugget Finder coils people and has always sold those coils, I think Goldsearch is the only non Minelab dealer to sell Nugget Finder coils.

What sort of impact would these different ohm's (coils) have? Would it be considerable or barely noticeable? How do you know that 2.5 ohms is better for the SPP and TDI?
Might have to look at the Razorback coils.

Iv got a few razorback coils now I can't say they add any depth over all the other coils iv used 'commander ,coiltek & nuggetfinder.
The razorback coils run so quiet and smooth iv sold all my other coils so that I can purchase more from razorback' they are designed for the TDI pro, SL & SPP so if you want the best for your machine I'd suggest trying razorback.
There's a lot on special at the moment.

I don't know if anything would make the Wattle Flat soil run quiet. Definately interested. Where did you buy yours from.
The Australian distributer doesn't seem to be up and running yet. Was looking at the 5x10 Folded 8 for the TDI.

Well before I go spending any more money I'd like to here more about these coils and how they work on the TDI SL because I did some testing with the Joey Mono 10x5, Because this coil works very well, I would like to see back to back testing against the Razorback 6x10 Longreach, And not just someone being lucky out in the Bush with it, So if anyone owns both Still Please feel free to jump, Good or Bad it all helps.

I also need to find someone who will ship over seas,

Good Luck,

So far iv got mine off eBay and direct from razorback there is also a dealer in Bairnsdale vic that sells them.
Iv done direct comparisons with the coiltek joey against the razorback 5x9 folded mono and I had no increase in depth but so much better and quieter to use I sold the coiltek also replaced the coiltek blitz (my favorite) with the razorback 10x14 mono for the same reason' just such nice coils to use easier to ground balance and no where near as much falsing.
Did I mention how much lighter they are!

Zuke_Lynzy said:
So far iv got mine off eBay and direct from razorback there is also a dealer in Bairnsdale vic that sells them.
Iv done direct comparisons with the coiltek joey against the razorback 5x9 folded mono and I had no increase in depth but so much better and quieter to use I sold the coiltek also replaced the coiltek blitz (my favorite) with the razorback 10x14 mono for the same reason' just such nice coils to use easier to ground balance and no where near as much falsing.
Did I mention how much lighter they are!

Cool, I'm not happy about the fact Coiltek place the mounting Lugs so far apart, so I am going to use some clear fish Tank hose as a spacer to fit the whites lower shaft and use the coiltek bolt, which is another reason to switch to Razorback, and My next coil was going to be the Blitz so I might just hold off getting it now,

Do they use the same Bolts as Whites???

Thanks for that, good info.

Yeah same bolts as whites, don't get me wrong the coiltek blitz is a excellent coil and still very sensitive to tiny gold the razorback 10x14 does just as well but lighter, cheeper & a lot more stable.
I'm only working all this out now' after testing against coils I already had, I can't wait till razorback release the new DD coils.

Well we have all done it the hard way But I will explain that on another Thread, So I need the 7.5x12 and the 10x14 and I wouldn't mind giving that 14" A whirl,

Which ones are you going for the Spoke ones or the Solid, To Me the Solid look a bit Heavy but looks don't mean much, It would be a pity to ruin the balance of the machine, Even with the 12" DF it still has a better balance than the MXT 300 and I would like to keep to that if I can,

Thanks again,

I'm for the closed design as I scrap the coil on the ground a lot this is why I find they false less, iv got a 7x11 folded and a 7x11 mono on order , the 10x14 is the biggest I want for the time being but I have sold my 16" nugget finder to purchase a large razorback coil' I'm just waiting to see what's new in a large DD .
Just note even tho a 14" round would interest me and probably deep enough for 90% of what I need the TDI has a lot sharper signal response to an elliptical coil shape the round just like the 16" mono will confuse hell out of you from ground noise and targets close to each other as target response can be very broad.

Only new to prospecting and have just brought a s/h TDI pro oz. it comes with the std pro OZ coil and a 6" coiltec. Thinking of adding to the coil range. Has anyone tried a 17 x11 advantage nugget finder or a 14 x9 nugget finder or am I better getting one of the razorback range of coils. I live in Geelong and would be interested in pairing up with someone with TDI pro Oz experience for a day of prospecting

Feedback much appreciated :cool:

The 8x6 Nugget Finder "Sadie" coil works very well with the TDI. I would be interested to hear if anyone has tried the new generation NF or Coiltek coils on their TDI.

The 14x9 blitz worked pretty good but the Razorbacks are just a lot more suited and run more quiet.

Choosing a razorback coil gives you the option of a folded design being more sensitive on tiny gold.

They all perform well but unless you want a shed full of them' id be looking into an all rounder like the 7.5x12 folded long reach as the front 1/3 of the coil will pick up the little bits like 6x10 does.

GDO, I use a NF 11x7 with my TDI Pro Oz and found my first two pieces of gold with it. I would follow Zuke's advice, although the NF has found gold it isn't made specifically for a TDI. Overall I find it too noisy (a combo of the machine and coil) for the ground I work.

I think the Razorback coils would be the best bet. Good luck!

Why don't you try the new 14 elite coil coiltek has one you can get a lend off, next week they should have a 17x13 NF worth a try regards john :)

I'd like to get opinions on running a larger coil on the TDI Pro oz. currently I've got a couple small coils (including a sadie) and the coiltec 14x9 blitz to cover the sub grammers and tighter country, however I find the 14x9 quite hard to get a stable ground balance, especially in "all".

So what I'm after now is to add a large coil to the kit, ideally something that is towards the upper end of the machines capabilities with a focus on stability, that's going to punch deeper and cover more ground than what I have, while still maintaining reasonable sensitivity. I don't mind missing the tiny sub grammers but I'd still like the confidence of picking up a shallow half grammer and upwards.

Sounds like that magic coil everybody wants!!! But really I don't have much knowledge on what makes one coil better than another. Is a 12" mono what I should be looking towards or is it going to be pretty much the same as the 14x9 I already have, and perhaps I should get a little larger?

Cheers

Latest posts