Coils for Whites TDI Pro Oz Series

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a folded 8 that is noise cancelling and a folded mono that is duel field it has the small loop of the 8 folded backwards it's the duel field I want so bad' there is some very interesting products from razorback' larger coils also and they all run at min delay.

At this stage I'm leaning towards the Nugget Finder 8" x 6" Sadie Advantage.

The Sadie looks like a safe bet nugget' get the tdi pro with the Sadie dean shouldn't have a problem swapping it out for the STD coil.

I've just ordered myself a TDI Pro with a NF 6x8 Sadie coil.. Now if you would excuse me while I do my happy dance :D

1406164037_happy-dance.gif

I can't wait to give it a crack. I was able to swap out the bonus coil with the Sadie and just pay the difference, so I'm pretty happy with that. Now I'm just sitting out the front of my house like Forrest Gump waiting for it to arrive :lol:

I wouldn't trade it for a Gpx 5000!' in saying that Iv had a mates 5000 here for months now but would rather use the TDI pro.

Nugget said:
I can't wait to give it a crack. I was able to swap out the bonus coil with the Sadie and just pay the difference, so I'm pretty happy with that. Now I'm just sitting out the front of my house like Forrest Gump waiting for it to arrive :lol:

LOL .. bit cold for that.

subgram said:
Nugget said:

LOL .. bit cold for that.

Tell me about it lol

07.jpg

Matt, it comes with how to DVDs make sure you watch them, then sit down inside and listen to it whilst you learn to adjust the frequency knob. Then come up to hanging rock and we'll get you some good gold!

Ben78 said:
Matt, it comes with how to DVDs make sure you watch them, then sit down inside and listen to it whilst you learn to adjust the frequency knob. Then come up to hanging rock and we'll get you some good gold!

Will do Ben, I've actually been looking online for the videos to get a head start but have come up with zip. I've read just about every bit of literature on the web so I almost feel like I've been using this detector for years, I actually remember back in 2012 when I picked up this 4oz nugget with the TDI Pro.. Oh wait, that was someone else :lol:

I did the same thing Nugget but still manage to find something new every now and then' it's an amazing machine I believe to really up grade from the TDI we need to wait for the new minelab 6000/SDC 2300 hybrid and pay for it in gold found with the TDI.

Nugget said:
Ben78 said:

Will do Ben, I've actually been looking online for the videos to get a head start but have come up with zip. I've read just about every bit of literature on the web so I almost feel like I've been using this detector for years, I actually remember back in 2012 when I picked up this 4oz nugget with the TDI Pro.. Oh wait, that was someone else :lol:

Not much around on the TDI, its abit of a shame.. :( but type GPX 5000 and you've got viewing goodness for days

Nugget said:
Thanks Wal, I've just been looking into the 8x6 NF Sadie and it certainly looks the goods.

Are you guys happy with the overall depth of the Sadie on the TDI Pro? and do you think it'll be suitable for those Nundle hills?

Sorry to take so long to get back Nugget, but reception in the Kimberly is not real great.

My personal opinion on the Sadie for depth is it will punch down nearly as deep as an 11" round coil but has the distinct advantage of getting close in to all the tight crevices, and that is a big plus in a place like Nundle where most of the gold is in tight areas. It would be my "Go Too" coil for 90% of my detecting over in the EAST. ;)

Cheers Wal.

I know that they are different machines, but, I trialled a sadie and a Nugget finder 12x7 on a long term test patch with my SPP and the Sadie was missing everything the 12x7 was detecting. They were sub grammers in mineralised soil (Nundle soil) at a couple of inches. I will go and do the same tests when the Oz Pro arrives. Mind you from WalnLiz's in field experience I think I will be getting one for the tighter areas.

Here are the 2 coils that came with the machine..can I ask for everyone's opinion on the coils..out nugget hunting which would you use?

My thoughts are..dd coil goes deeper..but misses smaller targets whilst the coil tech coil picks up smaller nuggets but looses depth?

1408953236_image.jpg

1408953391_image.jpg

The coils you have are both mono's. The 12" will / should punch much deeper than the 6" however the 6" should pickup on the (shallower) smaller stuff. According to various sources, the TDI is designed to operate at it's best using mono coils, though I'm yet to attach a DD to mine so I can't comment for sure.

If you're considering a coil upgrade, I can highly recommend the Nugget Finder Sadie 8x5" Mono as a perfect balance between depth and sensitivity on the small stuff.

Latest posts