Classifier Sieves information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could make a killing selling them here
I'll take 10mm 8mm 6mm
One of each lol :D

mudguts - not interested in making any coin off them - but if people let me know what size sieves thy are after i'll keep an eye out and claim them then let it be known on here that i have them available

Hello all, question for those using a blue bowl. What size sieve do you guys classify down with? And what size would you recommend for the smallest flour gold.

30/50 and then 100mesh.

I start at 1/4 and work my way down to 30minus (what goes through 30mesh screen).
Anything 30plus goes through a finishing sluice, the fines go through a blue bowl.

Watch this video and you'll get good idea to set up and use a blue bowl properly. http://prospectingchannel.com/process-gold-concentrate.html
It's a bit long winded but has good points to get the best out of your bowl.

I don't use one anymore as have way too much in fine gold cons and found blue bowl too time consuming.
Thanks to member here I have a desert fox wheel and now just need time from uni studies to run buckets of pre-screened fines.

Like elrodeo for the fine stuff when using my blue bowel i use 30, 50 and 100 mesh. Anything 30+ is either panned or run through a small finishing sluice.

so for anyone looking for sieves for either gold or gems just found the standard set with the two metal sieves that interlock unsure of the diameter and mesh sizes but they are everywhere. ...The cheapest I've found is around $90 anaconda currently have them for $59 also got the heavy duty metal Jerry cans for half price at $38...All ready for this weekends trip now :)

Hi Blayke, don't forget to check the sizes against those at Aussie Disposals available as a set of two.

1401757467_sieve.jpg

Yeh only thing is the closest aussie disposals is 3 hours away haha only one in QLD is in toowoomba but Yeh that would be nice

Hey fellas, I found a 14" litter tray that goes in the top of a rain water tank, made of plastic, obviously, from Stratco, cost........$6.00 Its a 1/4" aperture, so I guess its more of a classifier than a seive.......but cheap as.

They sell them at bunnings also its a fine mesh not sure of the grade but a very fine classifier I use them for blue bowl

I got the 2 sieves last time they were on spec, good deal except the 1/4 inch one never gets used

haha yeh i will only be using it the small ones for small micro sapphires and zircons up in sapphire....big one for gold

sorry if i seem a little ignorant ..is anyone out there good at mesh sizes on sieves ..i have a keene sieve listed at 50 mesh however i need a much smaller mesh ...there is one on ebay 1/100 of an inch ..mot sure how that compares with what i have .i have been googling trying to compare sizes but no luck
cheers mick

Latest posts