Central qld gemfields help

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
We have the fossacking bug and are back in the gem fields for the 2nd time we were here a few weeks back and bought some wash and did alright we tried to fossack but to no avail so we are back again and are going to give it a better go this time probably stay here for a week or 2 we are staying around the rubyvale area (reward at the moment) does anyone know if you can pay for a guide/local to come out for a day or half day with you to help me understand what I'm looking for as I'm digging, I'm just not sure about reading the ground I get what I should be seeing as in the wash area with the boulders and stuff but I cant seem to see it in the ground, possibly I haven't struck this area yet I'm not sure how much my hands can take for no reward.
Cheers
Rod

Was another lifetime since I been out there Rod.
I remember someone saying that the willows was shallow, so you may see the lay of the land better out there (not sure).
I remember seeing gravel on the surface as we got there.... but that's all I can remember of importance.
1569189090_screenshot_2019-09-23-07-46-03.jpg

Latest posts