Bunnings Miners Moss---Gone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's official, the bunnings miners moss is gone, deleted from the product line, was in Bunnings at Rothwell here in QLD this morning and asked some guys about it and they told me it's been deleted. Bummer, saw it there last year.

Sorry to bring bad news Mike, but that's what I got told. We even went to the area where they had it on big rollers, and talked to a guy who looks after that area and he told me. You might be lucky to find a store that still has some.

BigW in a variety of colours:

1486042425_17758-25.jpg

Bunnings in Canberra recently
1486042455_17616-25.jpg
:

Note the difference in size. Let me know if anyone wants any mat, it's the finer weave and still in stock in Bunnings Canberra last I looked about $15.

The coarser unbacked stuff was obtained by choiceshot2 he might have some left:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15024

Jon

Hi guys thanks for the posts, but I'm not talking about the mats, I have one of them, but it was on a big roll where all the other rubber products are, the ribbed rubber etc. And good Idea about seeing if I can get the suppliers email or phone.

Oh I know the stuff you mean Bunnings had some blue mat on a roll but it has been discontinued for some time unfortunately.
Jon

Might be some hidden in one bunnings still. They put it on clearance at $25/metre and then stuck it behind a couple of rolls of other flooring. It cant be easily seen, so it may still be there. I will look next time i'm up there and get back to you. Ken.

Thanks Ken, yeah went with a mate to another Bunnings here at North Lakes, and I had a good look all behind the other rolls but couldn't see any. And when you try and explain to some of the workers, unless you know exactly what it was called, they get confused...hahahh....can't blame them.

Cheers

Len

Went to Bunnings at Gympie QLD yesterday....no spaghetti backed floor mats and nothing on rolls....also no black rubber Vmat.

Then went to local rubber store - he was out of stock and then told me the blue un-backed miners moss is 900mm wide and is about $58 a metre. :( :( :(

T hanks Mike, at least you know where to get some now, that's good. What's the rubber store called there at Gympie??