Boots for Prospecting, Hiking, Detecting information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jacko said:
Grass seeds and prickles can be a bit of a nuisance though with the joggers.

I agree, don't know what it's like down south but definitely don't want to wear joggers up our way as the spear grass will drive you insane. You'd end up burning your joggers after a while lol.

Mongrel elastic side boots w/o the metal cap are fantastic. The only pair of boots that are so comfy that I don't need to wear prosthetics. Worth their weight in gold. but paid bout $95 after searching ebay.

Most Aus snakes have tiny fangs - cannot even penetrate jeans. if that's your worry, wear long trousers :( :(

OK Guys...Don't laugh! Bought a new pair of lacky sided boots, took my ML pinpoint probe into a lot of footware shops and the best I got came from K Mart, I kid you not! $29.95, waterproof, appear to be very well made and a good fit for size........No metal
Believe me, you get some funny looks wandering around stores with a gadget that looks like a dildo and, from what I am told, sounds like one. At least it wasn't in the womens footware section.

Hotrocks said:
OK Guys...Don't laugh! Bought a new pair of lacky sided boots, took my ML pinpoint probe into a lot of footware shops and the best I got came from K Mart, I kid you not! $29.95, waterproof, appear to be very well made and a good fit for size........No metal
Believe me, you get some funny looks wandering around stores with a gadget that looks like a dildo and, from what I am told, sounds like one. At least it wasn't in the womens footware section.

bunnings now carry croc shoe gumboots

very comfortable

no metal

possibly snakebite "resistant" with their 3 - 5 mm rubber thickness but do your own research on that one please

about 10 inches high . but you could wear gaitors from there to the knees

Hotrocks said:

The real question is - did you get any offers other than boots :8

Can anybody tell me if they have ever had trouble with the little metal eyelets on boots and shoes setting off their detector? I know steel caps will do it but was wondering how fussy ya have to be?

Chewy said:
Can anybody tell me if they have ever had trouble with the little metal eyelets on boots and shoes setting off their detector? I know steel caps will do it but was wondering how fussy ya have to be?

Very fussy!! No metal at all. Get non-steel cap elastic sided boots.

I've thrown everything at these and they've passed with flying colours. You have just missed them on sale at Anaconda

IMAG0117_1.jpg

I offered a while ago to get BATA Boots in for members. I am glad that I didn't get any for anyone else as the first pair I had that were supposed to be 100% non metallic contained metal. Ended up wearing pluggers for a week in the bush.

Their customer service was excellent though. I sent that pair back and they sent me two new pairs which are actually non metallic and very comfy.

I had some very similar to those but can't remeber if they were that brand? The zip was metal but you had to pretty much try to detect it & it wasn't a big issue. The issue was the zip failed before the boots so they are now at the tip.
Another set I got early on were supposed to be metal free/airport safe but the "composite toe" gives a loud signal. They are a pain & I often pick them up while detecting normally.

I have just got a set of Oliver ATS boots ($137) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Oliver-A...=LH_DefaultDomain_15&var=&hash=item644caf4da8

Haven't had them out detecting yet but they feel very comfy.

People swear by the Redback boots https://www.cwpsupplies.com.au/product-category/redback-boots/
I prefer lace ups for uneven ground due to a few ankle injuries.

Redbacks for me. I think i paid around $80
From the army disposal store.

Edit: purchase was made about 18 months
Ago.

Latest posts