Best gold detector for $1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Want to give finding gold a go and after some advice on the best detector to buy for around $1000.... And something user friendly... I saw the minelab eureka gold and thought it ticked most of the boxes?

The aliz said:
Hi guys,
Want to give finding gold a go and after some advice on the best detector to buy for around $1000.... And something user friendly... I saw the minelab eureka gold and thought it ticked most of the boxes?

It is not a good Idea as a first detector, although it is a good machine there are quite a lot of tricks involved regarding signals etc in order to be successful, It might pay you to contact NENAD (Phase Technical) right here on the forum and check out the Nokta/Makro range of machines, He would be the Go To Guy for help and advise regarding Gold machines,

Hope this helps,, john

triton09 said:
I got a eureka gold for my first detector and love it.
Having just read a long report on the Eureka Gold it is not a machine that I would recommend to anyone starting off with their first gold machine, I also noted that the different frequencies need other coils to get it to work at it's optimum setting, so by time he buys them it will owe about 1600 to 1800 bucks which is almost double what he wants to spend.

Ran into abloke with a fors gold some time back, he was happy with it, think he got it from e bay though.
Phase tech do them, have a chat with Nenad. A little more than 1k I think for the package.

Latest posts