Bendoc

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday guys was wondering if anyone has had any success detecting in the Bendoc region or is it mainly too fine for detectors to pick up. Will be driving through there soon and was thinking of taking my detector and sluice with me. Cheers guys

I can only comment on what I've been told by a mate but most of the available area is alluvial, too small, that said if you can get on the mining areas might be a different story. My mate goes every year and does go detecting along the way during that trip up and back but puts the coils away up there. Unless anyone else has something to add all I can say is you never know your luck. Drop in and say hi at the local and ask a few questions. All I know for sure is they did alot of work up there getting it out and the region still has active mining interest.

2 x 0.3 grams near the Delegate River
1496614151_20170605_080811.jpg

Went that way about a month ago, the delegate river runs all over the place, Bendoc need a good topo,the chinese tunnel is a good sight have a look.....good places to set up , remember your in the Victoria area,,,,,

Lots of clay on the Bendoc diggings themselves that makes it near impossible for panning but what you do find is chunky so maybe a SDC would be good to use.

Latest posts