Longs Gully -Creswick

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. Wondering if anyone has had any success detecting amongst the quartz rubble along the bottom of Longs Gully. Thinking of spending the day down there tomorrow. Cheers, Gerry.

Hi, Gerry - welcome to Prospecting Australia.

Given the high gold price lately and the difficulty of finding gold nowadays, I doubt that anybody will give you the info you are seeking. It's a bit like asking other people the PIN number for their bank account!

The only way to really find out is to go there tomorrow and have a try for yourself. If you're lucky enough to find some, do you reckon you'll come back and tell us? ;)

Good luck, anyway!

Hi, Gerry - welcome to Prospecting Australia.

Given the high gold price lately and the difficulty of finding gold nowadays, I doubt that anybody will give you the info you are seeking. It's a bit like asking other people the PIN number for their bank account!

The only way to really find out is to go there tomorrow and have a try for yourself. If you're lucky enough to find some, do you reckon you'll come back and tell us? ;)

Good luck, anyway!
If someone asked the specific question, I probably would. And I'd wish them luck. I would have thought a forum community would support each other in the hobby. My mistake.

When you've been part of a community for a while and participated with its members online, all things may be possible. Established members here certainly do support one another in all sorts of positive ways, but arriving as a newbie and looking immediately for specific location advice is not a good way to start off.

You're also perhaps forgetting that hundreds of hungry eyes watch posts on PA, far more than the number of participating members. If somebody here made the mistake of publicly saying XYZ Gully was a good spot for them recently, in a day or so you wouldn't be able to find anywhere to park nearby and the place would look like a bombsite!

Latest posts