Bathurst??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shock n awe prospecting said:
I'm with you guys I've been watching the v8 supercars since I was 10 years old.....peter brock would be rolling in his grave, it makes me super :mad: :mad: :mad: that this year ford will be running ford mustangs, I know why don't we Not race our beloved holden and introduce a chevy, change all the tracks to oval nothing but left turns and start drinking Budweiser beer....AAAHHHHHHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: .....I also think its total bs what the government has done to the car industry in this country of ours.
Any way that's my 5cents GO HOLDEN :p

I am not sure it's the Gov's fault because it was the CEO's who sent the money the government gave them back to America, And they blew it when they started fitting Nissan engines in Commodores back in the late 80's, Geez they were Thirsty things, I hired one and you could see the fuel gauge go down.

I'm with you guys I've been watching the v8 supercars since I was 10 years old.....peter brock would be rolling in his grave, it makes me super :mad: :mad: :mad: that this year ford will be running ford mustangs, I know why don't we Not race our beloved holden and introduce a chevy, change all the tracks to oval nothing but left turns and start drinking Budweiser beer....AAAHHHHHHHHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: .....I also think its total bs what the government has done to the car industry in this country of ours.

Agree 100% sna :Y:
Another aussie tradition gone unfortunately :N: :N:
Im not going to comment on the government again, apart from saying I agree with your comment :Y:

Licking windows said:

Im not going to comment on the government again, apart from saying I agree with your comment :Y:

Whats more important is that it keeps going because it is as Australian as it gets, :Y:

it makes me super :mad: :mad: :mad: that this year ford will be running ford mustangs

The new mustang race car looks the goods , but as stating that it is a weapon , still running the same chassis, suspension brakes and so on as every other car , even running the Falcon race engines , so unless they got the aero wrong when tested/signed off it should only be as fast as the Falcon was

The Early Falcons shared the same chassis and suspension and the steering and axles and brakes as the Mustangs up until the XA and that was more like the American Ford Torino. So running American Fords is nothing new to Aussie motor racing, Even the 170 200 250 and the 289w, 302w/351w and the 351c were American, The 302c was an Aussie Idea. The US only ran the 351c for about 4-6 years ?. Australia ran the 302c/351c from 70/71 to 1985 and the last engine was fitted the a Falcon XE ESP and I think it was Grey and Black from memory ?.

Ridge Runner said:
Licking windows said:

Whats more important is that it keeps going because it is as Australian as it gets, :Y:

Keeps going in what capacity ridge runner?
And if it becomes a race with nothing but overseas manufacturers will it still have the following it used to?

Licking windows said:
Ridge Runner said:
Licking windows said:

Keeps going in what capacity ridge runner?
And if it becomes a race with nothing but overseas manufacturers will it still have the following it used to?

Well I wish they would keep it an Australian event but the management are mainly worried about the share holders.

It won't have the following. I grew up near Sandown Racecourse and used to sneak in along Mile Ck. and hand hang around the esses. Arghh!!! the smell of racing fuel set me off and I was racing around with Beechey, Bond, Jane, Perkins, Brock. Those were the days..... :perfect:

Latest posts