Ballarat base geologists student

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m looking for a up coming geologist student base in Ballarat. Have a project if interested. Pm me

In my experience, gravel and/or water-worn rocks aren't a requirement for finding decent chunks of gold. Dark green clay isn't something I've come across, so it may or may not be relevant.

What exactly does 'not in a gold bearing area' mean? Do you mean not in a KNOWN gold-bearing area, or are you just talking about an absence of common clues such as quartz or old shafts/workings?

Very nice piece, by the way - gotta be more where that came from, I reckon.

In my experience, gravel and/or water-worn rocks aren't a requirement for finding decent chunks of gold. Dark green clay isn't something I've come across, so it may or may not be relevant.

What exactly does 'not in a gold bearing area' mean? Do you mean not in a KNOWN gold-bearing area, or are you just talking about an absence of common clues such as quartz or old shafts/workings?

Very nice piece, by the way - gotta be more where that came from, I reckon.
Not a known gold bearing area. Nugget water warn the other side of hill there’s a old river. I’m thinking someone dropped it.

Unless it was on the surface, I wouldn't be assuming it was dropped and the amount of wear isn't enough to make it water-worn, in my opinion. I'd be going over the whole hillside top to bottom with a fine-tooth comb, if I were you.

How far is it from the nearest old-time workings?

Latest posts