B5MECH's ATGold finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monday night's effort meh :mad:
1472612548_hunt_001.jpg

Tuesday night's hunt, 2nd target was $5 dollars in sunbakers it looked like they were waiting for me :lol: :lol:
1472612756_hunt_002.jpg

Tathradj said:
If you were at Jindabyne,
All the bulk of the pre decimals are at the bottom of the dam.
:lol: :lol: I thought I could pick up a quick easy 50 in goldies after snowtunes but 50+ squashed surface cans just buried shocked me, I can see why you shouldn't drink the town water in winter now :mad: I got $15 and 2 heavy shopping bags worth and there's still more in a 6m x 2m patch :/
I was hoping a pre dec would show up as my GF found a really nice penny sitting in the car park on the pavement :lol: :lol: must have been someones lucky coin :)

There's so much of it around here it makes me think most of the area used to be a garbage tip :lol:

Last night I've learn't a lesson about how not to grid a large park :( I'm lost and know I've hit that and seem to be walking around aimlessly
1474253465_natzi_and_hunt_005.jpg

Another mystery Narrabeen mineral deposit, looks like a scotty dog :lol:
1474253534_natzi_and_hunt_006.jpg

I hit a already thrashed area on saturday night and got a 42 half penny, $2, 4x10, 3x5, and 2 and 1c camera failed
I need to come up with a way to make grid markings on grass that will last a week

Ye thats not always as easy as it sounds :lol:
Ive had the same problem in really large areas
When i arrive at a site , i decide what my game plan will be
I pick out a few land marks , and work within that area (not too big that i cant tackle it)
When i return , i start from where i left off and do the same thing , decide on that area and just do that
I often lay sticks down to help stay in a straight line and not wander off course
Wonder what other people do? :/

I tried that but I'm in nomans land in the biggest park in the area and now they have changed the field markings, sometimes AFL but also other sports I was thinking of a grass marking paint but don't know if it will last long enough
Next time when I start it again I might print out a google map and draw markings on it, the other parks aren't too bad but this one does my head in

Yeah I said that to the council guys when they were taking down all the goal posts the other week, "they are my markers guys, how am I gonna know where I am now?" They had a good chuckle about it.

Use golf balls to mark out 10x10 metre areas or 20x20 areas.

I sometimes use junk bottles I pick up on the way but I tried leaving 2 orange markers there for the next run and someone took them so I end up wasting at least 1/2 an hour trying to find my end point to carry on from
very frustrating :( this park has pulled more than $400 in goldies and I know there must be more pockets of them but....... where :rolleyes:
It seems to more be luck now to find them
That'll teach me for not griding it properly to begin with

Once you've already hammed a spot it can be hard to get more out of it, though not impossible. When starting out you tend to do more random wandering, that can bugger things up for yourself later on when you learn to start gridding. I've done the same at the sites I hunt too, sometimes would not have a clue where I've been. Starting to get a bit that way for me now as well, trying to find spots I haven't already done. :)

:lol: :lol: My pocket calculator/flashlight doesn't have that option :lol: :lol:
I'd love to get one but at the moment I wouldn't get enough use to warrant me buying one
I believe the CTX3030 has that option built into it and you can even mark exact points of finds

Once the hunt is on the whole world goes out the window and the only concern is getting the goodies :lol:

Latest posts