Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He had a fear of flying and would only travel interstate by train. He suffered badly from depression.

Yeah the stress of leadership during the war brought on a heart attack in 1945, just 7 weeks before the war ended , he was only 57 or 58.
Imagine if that was now days, he probably could have survived a heart attack and lived another 20 plus years with the advances in medecine to deal with heart attacks. Back then no open heart surgery now bipass no replacement valves no transplants.
Amazing how much we have advanced in some aspects , yet in other areas of society, we are going backwards.

What am I

An Australian invention , my inventor was born in London but his younger brother who later perfected me was born on the Victorian Goldfields in the 1850's

Good job Tathradj , stump jump plough it is with his brother Clarence perfecting it and putting it on show at the Moonta field day an the York Peninsula SA. The South Australian govt paid a prize of 500 pound to Richard Smith. To this day TV personality David Koch claims that it was his Great Grandfather who actually invented the plough and the Smiths stole the idea from him !

I finally got one. LOL

OK.
I was famous for both being a Good Fella or Bad Fella. To my people I was a Magic Man.
I tracked both people from white and black but unfortunately was shot by one of my own people.
All they could find of me were my foot prints.

Who was I. ?

Sorry guys been travelling..

Yippee ! Timing is everything Tathradj.. Read about the fella a couple of weeks ago ?.

Ok .. Who am I?

A French dessert is named after me..
I was very active late in my career .

Latest posts