Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another clue :D i arrived with two sons...c'mon fellas.. how well reads are you? :p ...theres another clue..albeit somewhat cryptic...hehe, i'm having so much fun talking to my self :lol:

no Flitgold..not him,sorry.....I exchanged the cart for a 'narrow wheeled version' before setting out for the goldfields from Melbourne.Well armed and provisioned, I encountered a poor wretch 'down on his luck' and I and my party had a whip round and gave him several shillings and sent him on his way, :cool: after serving him a good meal....i was a writer of sorts. :cool:

hehe yep very clever! "touche monsieur"!... :cool: the 'writer' bit no doubt, is what did me in. it pays not to underestimate ones rival :cool: well done mate

Cheers Nucopia

I went missing in the early 1990's and was never seen again. I was distinctly Australian in looks.

Was it the famous Blowfly Nugget GT ? :)

If not it was probably the " Pride of Australia " found near Wedderburn and stolen in 1991

Cheers

good work Bacchus

It was indeed the 'Pride of Australia nugget" shaped like Australia and found in Mosquito gully Wedderburn. Stolen from the museum of Vic in 1991. It was only found in the early 1980's. Most likely outcome was that is was melted down by the thieves.
1441148407_176398_bfa_size475x475.jpg

pride of Australia nugget 256oz

Although English by origin my work in Australia began in February of 1914 , I took part in what was the longest voyage of its type at the time.

You are a wealth of knowledge Dr Duck but incorrect on this occasion , clue , although I need air I do not breathe :D

Latest posts