Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am Heritage listed.
I am an Australian Icon.
I was built over an old fort.
I am 65 meters high.

What am I?

Two part question hopefully it'll get sorted out quickly.

1/ An event took place on this day 168 years ago what was the event.

2/ What name was proclaimed for the 1st of July due to the above event.

You got the 1st one right LW and as good as my history knowledge is not the second.

Your close check to state names used for your 1st answer ;)

Silly me, this is what it is:

It was the day legislation passed for the expulsion of Legitimacy as the governing power of common sense.
No longer was the land subject only to the meek - criminality to, was dancing on the precipice for supremacy.
Alliances and complex interests were quietly distilled in the shadows until capitalistic fascism was born.
The layman was taught, his ideas molded, his perceptions suggested - his divinity diminished to the point of complacency.
No longer was the possession of the laymans power his own. The laymen had learnt they were powerless and peripheral in the eyes of the regime.

Until the 01/07/1851 - The annual freedom token hand out was to sparkle as a scintilla of hope in the darkness of the laymens existence. It was to serve as a distraction from the contemporaneous nature they had come to accept.

The day is now known as tax time hahahahaha

Muza said:
Silly me, this is what it is:

It was the day legislation passed for the expulsion of Legitimacy as the governing power of common sense.
No longer was the land subject only to the meek - criminality to, was dancing on the precipice for supremacy.
Alliances and complex interests were quietly distilled in the shadows until capitalistic fascism was born.
The layman was taught, his ideas molded, his perceptions suggested - his divinity diminished to the point of complacency.
No longer was the possession of the laymans power his own. The laymen had learnt they were powerless and peripheral in the eyes of the regime.

Until the 01/07/1851 - The annual freedom token hand out was to sparkle as a scintilla of hope in the darkness of the laymens existence. It was to serve as a distraction from the contemporaneous nature they had come to accept.

The day is now known as tax time hahahahaha
Muza, you and silver should get together and shoot the wind. :playful:

LoneWolf said:
Victoria separates from NSW.?

Separation Day?....or Freedom Day? not too sure... Im only guessing the Day Name... :)

LW.....

I'm going to pay this answer LW over to you.

Yes Victoria separated from NSW 1st July 1851.

The name of the day I was looking for is Victoria Day, that's what I've known it to be and Separation Day ticks the box :Y:

I will pass my turn to anyone who wants to have a go... I won't be back on till tonight.. And waiting all day for a response is Not on... :8

LW.....

Latest posts