Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NeilM said:
Kramerkat yep thats the man

Over to you.

What am I ? And also. What is my name?

I circumnavigated Australia with a famous explorer in the early 1800's. I have bronze statues of me located in Europe and also two statues in Australia. One is located at the Mitchell library in Sydney.

Thanks Doug....Ok, seems I was close before I will have a go... First time at this , so go easy on me...

I was born in 1895 in Sydney

In 1920 I helped to develop what was to become a Household Name in Australia.. Person and Item Please... ;)

LW....

I went into Business with My Brothers... This household Name, it would be fair to say, that sometime in our life, We all have Had or Still Have one...

Due to WW2, We had to manufacture our own Parts and had many War Contracts...Business Boomed (no pun intended)

LW...

By the end of WW2, My Business had Boomed, and at its peak We had 115 Stores that sold my Product... and 1000 Dealers..

Later on, I was also a Politician for a short time.. But Never Federally...

Some of my Ideas were a little 'Risqu ' for the time that I was a pollie...

I have a Park and a Street named after Me....

And I liked White Shoes...

LW...

I am also partly responsible for making my town into the City it is today....

My product won a few world Championships in the late 40's early 50's....

I am Known in Melbourne and Queensland... and I also have a Knighthood...

My product also won a Gold Medal in the Olympic Games...

LW....

My Product started life in a Suburb of Melbourne.... Now it is World Famous, and like I said before.. We all had one....

In the Mid 40's I got into Property Development...

LW....

I retired from my 'Product' Business in 1958...

From 1958 until mid 60's, I Started a major Development in an area where I Retired, which is Now Famous for my Ideas, The Idea originated in Florida USA...

One of my Developments in Victoria, Held the title of tallest Building in Victoria in the early 60's...

LW...

My 'Product' won a gold medal in the Melbourne 1956 Olympics...
Most of the 70's I was a member of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland.. and a member of the Country Party renamed National Party...

Is Anyone playing this ?

LW....

Well Done Gilly47... You got him. :).. Famous for the Bikini Clad Gold Coast Meter Maids, Founder of the Canal System that makes the Gold Coast what it is Today.... And yes Malvern Star Bicycles..... Which started in the Melbourne suburb of Malvern. And a Member of the 'White Shoe Brigade'.... Over to you Gilly... :Y:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Small

LW....

Latest posts