Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry it should have read, Ellen Kelly. Not actually a job Doc, reformed prisoner (jailed for assaulting a policeman with a shovel) and bringing up 12 children. Now that's a job.
Mackka

Mundine has had careers in football and boxing, and in general being objectionable, but it is not him.

The bloke I am thinking of was a physically intimidating character in both his sporting and other career, which had not much to do with sport. While he was not a boxer, he was pretty handy with his fists in both jobs.

That's a great guess, GT, but PO had three careers not two. Two of PO's jobs were the same as the bloke I have in mind. The expression Walloper could have been invented for him. The answer is not far away!

Thought you would get it eventually, GT.

I thought I'd try to run with my first guess to your previous question. Bumper was famous for never going on the back foot either in his rugby league or policing careers.

In his early days his idea of community policing was to find out who the local hard man was, and administer the mother of all hidings. He would never have trouble with anyone else after that.

He was loved by the working girls at Darlinghurst and hated by the pimps, spivs and crooks. He particularly hated kiddy fiddlers.

There is a very good book about him that is well worth a read.

Over to you GT.

http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/farrell-francis-michael-frank-12478

Ripper question Doc. Had me going for awhile. You being in the Job and from NSW helped in the end and a few of your sneaky comments eventually got me on the right trail. Not being vaguely connected to Rugby in anyway slowed me down.

Back later with a question.

GT :)

What am I

Clue 1

I am a proud Australian but I have been called thick and dark brown !! A word to describe me comes from the Japanese language but the majority of Japs hate me.

GT

Latest posts