Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bobh...long distance driving is always an acceptable excuse for being a goose... ;) hehe......I do that sort of thing all the time... everyone just shrugs their shoulders and say's "yep thats rossco again" :cool:

PabloP...aah, thats not how i interpret the turn of events, and it does not address the question mate...sorry, but good line of enquiry! :cool:

O! WAIT A SEC!...SORRY PEOPLE...WRONG YEAR...I SHOULD HAVE SAID 1891!...If i have misled you I will happily forfeit to whoever deems me culpable..mea culpa, mea culpa mea maxima culpa! :8

What a great question, reefer!

Was it the finalisation of the draft of the Australian Constitution on the steam ship Lucinda?

The Premier of Queensland, Sir Samuel Griffith, had travelled to Sydney on the Queensland government steamship Lucinda to participate in the federation Convention. During the Easter weekend of 27/29 March 1891, Griffith made a cruise in the Lucinda to the estuary of the Hawkesbury River, taking with him Kingston and Barton, and picking up Inglis Clark on the Sunday. During the cruise, this drafting sub-committee finalised the draft of the 1891 Constitution.

Through its association with the Australian Constitution, the Lucinda has become a symbol of Australian democracy.

Bingo CHRIS!...Sorry Nucopia...I thought it would be unfair of me to expect people to deal with a wrong date.However there was a meeting with respect to the federation in Brisbane...in 1890.on board the Lucinda as well. I think that Deakin gave his famous 'Tenterfield Address' on his way back from that meeting. As i can best recall there was only two or three Reps from colonies who attended that meeting.So it was with that in mind that i gave the wrong date.... :8 I was asking the question based on what i could remember of the Australian History we did at school..like in 1963!...and I should have referred to some official reference with respect to the facts. :pabloP was hot on my tail...but just did'nt make the right connection...sorry mate!...I shall therefore defer to Dr. Duck who was right on the money :cool:

GT59...I should also apologize to you mate!..but thats it!...no more sorry to anyone :cool: I'M OFFICIALLY OVER IT!....that is till my next oppurtunity to play with your minds :eek: hhheeee....closes his cape over his face and receeds into the shadows :p

reefer said:
GT59...I should also apologize to you mate!..but thats it!...no more sorry to anyone :cool: I'M OFFICIALLY OVER IT!....that is till my next oppurtunity to play with your minds :eek: hhheeee....closes his cape over his face and receeds into the shadows :p

LOL

GT :)

oh chris... not leaving..just not apologizing..bowing and scraping does.nt fit well with me..the point is that i had honest intentions ..and was'nt out to deceive anyone .. but i think everyone is cool with that...just saying. :cool:

NO probs, Reefer, I once lead everyone up the garden path with a question that was not Australian. I had to hang my head in shame!

Why don't you have another go, as I have been tied up tonight, am having a long day at the Nowra Races tomorrow!

OK..OK//I feel the love! :eek: .....There has so far been 29 of these rare creatures.... what are they?...and... What was the first of them called, :cool:

Latest posts