Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the man!

geez, I thought it was a hard one!

He acted as an interpreter for the Chinese when he was still a kid, imagine a 10yo being diplomatic by interpreting to Chinese from some racist red neck digger, or an angry china man yelling and accusing some one of ripping him off!

over to you gold truck!

Cheers ! That was just a stab in the dark !

What and where am I ?

I am an important part of our coastline steeped in History. Infact some of the first ever history on our shores.
Can you believe I was noted for bird poo !!!

GT :)

Magilla you are good. :eek: That's about the 3rd time you have gone whack with my questions !!!! Well done mate.

GT :)

It's a great part of the country GT.

I can't think of a question so I will put up a photo.

What was I, where am I and what happened to me.

No hang on, its the light house on the south side of Jervis bay. St georges head. They built it in the wrong spot, and ships couldnt see it properly from some positions, so they tore it down and built a new one at Point Perp on rhe north side of JB, Ive been there hundreds of times,near the outer tubes, a famous land based game fishing spot. I would kill for the job of light house keeper there, its an amazing place.

Yest it is the ruins of the old light house on St Georges Head, a couple of KM's south of Jervis Bay. It was blown up by an army unit to avoid confusion. The Tubes are inside the bay on the north side and are a popular LBG spot, there are better LBG spots in the area but their locations are kept quiet. Over to you davent.

The better spots have been locked out thanks to the greens, places like Lamond (Diamond) head, Devils gorge, the PIN, Ellisons rift (Mozzie, paradise,Oasis), 3 Graves, Crocodile head, The drum, all thats left is Eaves, Beecroft and the tubes really, and a couple of sneaky ones like "SHORT ROPE"

Will think of a new question soon....

I just about lived on those ledges during the late 60's and right through the seventies and eighties, the fishing is not the same anymore but still a great part of the world.

I was discovered in june 1998. Im the 2nd largest of my kind, with a height of 4.2km and a perimeter of 28km.
I can clearly be seen from the air, and am man made.....apparently.
What am I?

Latest posts