Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that might come up on google. Beautiful little island just off the coast at Daintree, spent many a day there when I lived in the area. There is a bit of debate as to whether it was named after the local crocs or fish. Your turn GT.

Magilla I actually went through every bloody island that sounded fishy in Oz waters and then looked at their history to find our little Chinese market gardener.
Took a while mate and certainly wasn't googled in the normal manner unfortunately.
Be back later with a question.
GT

What am I and where am I

Clue 1

I am of historical significance and a testament to our very early history and ability. It has only been in recent times that I have been appreciated and parts of me are in fact of very high standard..

Evening GT,

Could it be the convict built roads between Sydney and the Hunter that now form the Great Northern Road?

The Peacekeeper

It is in fact the great Northern Road that fell into disuse not long after it was completed. It is now a scenic and historical tourist favourite.
All yours PK
GT

Who am I?

I was the son of a boilermaker who made an indelible mark upon Australian modern history.

A well known Australian comedian took shameless advantage of events I was involved with.

One who had been instrumental in my career would live to regret it.

The Peacekeeper.

Don't stress PK, a lot of us here have been doing this history quiz now for years. Most questions have been asked like your weary Dunlop one. Its been in twice before.
The secret is coming up with a new one !!! Its getting harder and harder.

Lets hope this one proves a challenge

who am I

Clue 1

In later life I died a widower with no children. My early years however were a different story. I was an outdoorsman. My wife and I loved fishing in our early married years.
One of my main achievements when I was just a teenager was to be the first to achieve an amazing trek with other family members in the late 19th century..

I think I have it GT:

Donald George Mackay CBE, born 29 June 1870, died 17 September 1958.

Regards,

The Peacekeeper

PS. You old hands need a challenge me thinks!

1444820456_1944928_f520.jpg

That is the first cryptic clue.

The Peacekeeper

Latest posts