Aussie Gold Hunters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen the show as I only have povo tv here via satellite. But Ted and Leki are charactors and can only add to the show in a positive way.

producer said:
RM Outback said:
Any reason they don't dry their gold before they weigh it, specifically The Dirt Dogs. Watched a re-run of episode 5 (I think) season 1 last night when Lindsay had finished pouring there was a heap of water in the pan :N:.

I asked Vern about this and he said that sometimes the gold had just been processed through the water wheel/sluice and may still be wet when it was on the scales.

Regards

Diana

Thanks for the reply Diana :Y: tell Vern every time I see water in his weigh off I'll deduct 20 grams lol.

We love the show and 99% of the cast and are looking forward to the new season however there is a group of us that feel Lindsay being on the show ruined last season a bit even tho it's finally nice to see a young good looking gal getting into some real work for a change. We want to know if our group are overthinking it or not? We don't feel the need to have her on the show in very little doing very little ....we can't help wonder if it was the whole "sex sells" image for more ratings however in our circle of friends - everyone voted her out of the show and just saw her as unessesary distraction and spoiling it. May I correct myself and say Lindsay didn't spoil the show, the way it was shot and edited did! We would all sit and watch the episodes but when the dirt dogs got Lindsay in ...well the comments were flying and tempers too about how we all just wanted to get on with the real gold hunters!

I have watched the shows and look forward to the new series release.

The show did detract a little when you brought in a person from Canada; though I thing it also helped capture the interest of a younger generation. It is always good to get the younger generation involved, though a few young Australia workers would have done the same thing as the Canadian.

I believe many of these shows, don't show the full extent of what is going on in the background and all the hard work these guys and gals put in.

I know for myself, there is a lot of research, planning double checking of equipment etc. before any trip. These shows tend to over play the good things the workers do, regarding safety, environment and their commitment to their people and focus on the negative. I guess it makes for goo hype and TV. To be honest I know there are a lot of operations, where people bring in their large plant and dry-blowing machines; however, seeing this makes me quite upset as it looks like the land is being stripped of prospect able gold, which us novice people go after.

Overall, I look forward to the parts of the show, where you see the prospectors prospecting with their detectors, pulling their finds out of the ground (including some of the Junk) and getting the weekly take on the scales. All of this give hope to us novice prospectors.

Goldchook, to your question if "sex sells". It seams to sell in all businesses; though you do not want to get in the trap of selling sex in a hard working industry, as an easy, look at me, image. It would soon degrade the show and industry.

All in all, I am looking forward to the next series and hopefully those which follow.

The first I saw of the set up to get this person from Canada and then to see what arrived I thought "No Way" this is bloody stupid.
I must say she was gorgeous and provoked the "I wish" thoughts but the thing that I though would happen was scandal.
I thought she would end up with the boss (Vern?)and ruin his marriage the kids and etc the way he looked at her. He was almost being naughty in the way his eyes and mood changed when she was around. Still so would I have !!!!
On the episode where she is leaving, the faces on the others around the table scene said it all. I read "thank god shes going" into it
The new series will be better with another detecting couple on board.
Looking forward to it

GT :)

producer said:
Season 2 of Aussie Gold Hunters premieres in the UK on Quest on Monday July 3rd @ 9:00 PM and on Discovery Channel ANZ on Thursday at 7:30 PM EST.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/9JtgQns3czs[/video]

Hope you all enjoy and feel free to contact me @ [email protected] if you'd like to have a chat about being part of AGH Season 3 :)

Hi Diana

It would be good if you could include a special containing discussion from our state representative lobby groups, interview presidents and people facing the bureaucratic hurdles. To broadcast the real difficulties posed to all of us wether it be small scale mining or hobbie prospectors. After all it's my belief that their continued tireless voluntary commitment is why we are able to do what we do, without them the areas we are allowed to work would be less they are the real hero's in this game. To have these people recognised would be a good thing, just a thought :Y:.

I wonder not only how much gold might be found this season,but also how much stuff might be stolen this season :eek:

That reminds me of a good old goldfields saying - it is better to sell picks and shovels in a gold rush :) or a modern day translation could be - how much shite can I steal 8)

cashgoldsilver said:
I wonder not only how much gold might be found this season,but also how much stuff might be stolen this season :eek:

That reminds me of a good old goldfields saying - it is better to sell picks and shovels in a gold rush :) or a modern day translation could be - how much shite can I steal 8)

You are quite correct there, history shows those that became very rich in all goldrushes were mostly the traders that supplied the diggers and miners.
Many a book I have read such as the early days of Coolgardie where the price of infested flour and condenser water were worth more than gold.
It was cheaper to bath in champagne. !!
A history content in the show would be great at some point. WA is loaded with heaps of history, some tragic, some incredible.
I look forward to this series.

goldtruck59 said:
cashgoldsilver said:

You are quite correct there, history shows those that became very rich in all goldrushes were mostly the traders that supplied the diggers and miners.
Many a book I have read such as the early days of Coolgardie where the price of infested flour and condenser water were worth more than gold.
It was cheaper to bath in champagne. !!
A history content in the show would be great at some point. WA is loaded with heaps of history, some tragic, some incredible.
I look forward to this series.

Thankyou for your post which have just reminded me of the "egg weight" like your quoted "bathing in champagne would be cheaper"

The egg weight = 1oz of gold for just one egg 8) I think quoted from the Alaskan gold rush.

So people would kill for an egg,let alone a dozen,and nothing has changed ]:D

As far as I am aware it is produced wholly in Western Australia for discovery networks. Check out Discovery TV site, may be something there.

DeepThoughtCycle said:
Is it ran by the same people that do Gold Rush Alaska?

I thought there must be some connection, it is written with the same themes with similar characters.

Aussie Gold Hunters is produced by Electric Pictures in Perth, no association with gold rush Alaska.

SPOILER ALERT

For those on facebook, watch the video in the link.
Here is a screenshot.

1561076959_screenshot_20190621-102726_facebook.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/ukquest/videos/409175096475950/?sfnsn=mo

Latest posts