AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havinago said:
Thought i was listening to myself there, we have very similar voices :cool:
Haha, I noticed that watching one of ur vids I'm pretty sure the other day lol. Its our sexy radioman voice hey ;)

Cheers Joao! Yep that's my vocal! I sing like a Diva!

DaveLaw, pinpointer would be useful yeah lol

I take an old t shirt along slung over the shoulder. When you take your dirt out place on t shirt. When you refill you pull up each side and funnel the dirt back in. No mess no obvious sign you dug. I say t shirt because it has a bit of flex and is nice and broad. If it's dry I'll take a water bottle and squirt in at the top and reset the turf, but I use slit method pushing the 2 sides back together. Hate to see you fall foul of some "friend" of the park or grass nazi.

Goldtarget said:
I take an old t shirt along slung over the shoulder. When you take your dirt out place on t shirt. When you refill you pull up each side and funnel the dirt back in. No mess no obvious sign you dug. I say t shirt because it has a bit of flex and is nice and broad. If it's dry I'll take a water bottle and squirt in at the top and reset the turf, but I use slit method pushing the 2 sides back together. Hate to see you fall foul of some "friend" of the park or grass nazi.
See how I have a bag with me, when I know its going to leave a bit more of a mess ill usually do what your saying ever since I saw Ramjet doing it in his vids. I am still trying to get into that habit, but don't worry mate, I have been putting it to use as much as I can. Lets say I'm pretty well bloody known in the area doing this and everyone local now knows me and what I'm doing. Yesterday three council women ate lunch next to me as I detected asking how I was going. Every tip on keeping it clean helps though cheers mate. Its thanks to you guys why I'm soo paranoid and want to leave respectfully and with respect from all, not just some.

Unfortunately, probably the last detect for a while for me now. Detector broke today and she won't work right again. I've tried with it..mabey a little repair to see if I can get it working again but doubtful. Also discovered a jumping jack nest had made its way into my thongs for a nice shock...thought i got them all off quickly..but theres alwats that one you forget between your toes 8.( Anyway, here's my finds for the day and I was on a roll until the misshap :(

Please help me in my repair thread for any additional info:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12703

Just for you GT ( see the dirt bag in background :D )
1447561210_14475611746170.jpg

1447561153_14475610142530.jpg

No worries mate. I wasn't having a dig (pardon the pun), just pointing any potential followers in the right direction. Hope your machine comes up alright.

Thought ud like that one silver ;)

Hey, guess what! Thought I'd look at the coinmaster I forgot I grabbed last hard rubbish! With a couple of quick fixes without components I was thankfully able to hear it work, only in discrimination mode..but I'm not complaining about that! Woohoo! Looks like the coins can continue rolling in! Will still go to jarcar and get ol faithful going again though ( hopefully )

Coins coins coins! Woohoo I'm soo happy again haha!

1447578208_14475775326540.jpg

My 5000d only works fairly shallow,... going by what I've found over time by reworking my old ground with the ACE250. :D

They jitter along the ground jumpin about 1cm each movement and attack in swarms. Me being an idiot and too excited to dig a can target, didn't realise I was standing smack bang on top of a big nest. At first I wouldn't have noticed it because only a few gather and protect on top. But once you disturb them..especially on thier entrance..they swarm out in seconds. And me wearing my classic clogs with holes all through them, got attacked quite harshly.. a lot more than I realised on the day. I'm not allergic so I'm lucky but your immune system goes down each time a big attack like this happens. This would be my 5th time swollen and sore from an all out attack swarm of jumpin jax. Its been thongs off day today ( thong can't fit on right now anyway ) and kick back so didn't get down the line bcause of it.

Those allergic to jumping jacks have to be very careful and a few have died from the allergic reaction too. Very nasty for some

Full on sting on them from the looks of it,.... like a wasp, the mongrels.
but then,... that's A U S T R A L EE A R..
You tame em AR,.. you tame em. :D

Young fella recons,..."oh my god,.. you have.... N O ....A N K L E" :eek:

Hope they arn't getting the better of you AR,... b@$t@rd ants,... them peeps gods got a lot to answer for I recon. :(
Hope you get a good nights rest mate. :)

Haha lol @ young silvers comment...I'm surprised no one made the comment about toenails too rofl , me ankles are hiding there somewhere... the meds n not being able to walk got me stuck on the couch early last nite and just kicked back cheers mate. Tablets the size of a broadbean.

Funny how somethin so small can knock u about. I don't get anyphillaxsis but the bites have certainly made an impact making me feel a bit wobbly and sick :( think I'm going soft.. :rolleyes:

Tell the young fella my feet are all that's actually left after the ant attack.. :p

Latest posts