AtomRats Detector Findings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unreal ,, ive lived in the bush " east gipps " and never been molested by ants . on the other hand the scott girls from dargo were a different story ..

Absoluely awesome Goldpick I'm soo excited and so is everyone else! Haha! Didn't spot your post till this morn :)
Heart of gold indeed!! Lol@ disc. club member woohoo! Do we have badges? Lol

Havnt used mutliple coils before either so that will be interesting :D thank you again Goldpick, ill snap as much vid or photo I can with the adventurrs as ibrepair / replace my own. Cheers so much and also silver, you blokes have made my day :cool: :cool:

Great thread AR. Really enjoyed reading your finds and looking at the pics. There are some interesting coins in amongst them!

Check all your 5c coins. The 1972 mint was quite small compared to most and makes them a little more valuable.
My Bro-in-law made me aware of this just last night.

Woohoo! I know what ill be doing tomorrow!! :D :D

1448504050_14485039892460.jpg

Good luck Atom, everything you need to get started straight off the bat is in there. Even without a pinpointer you can use the pinpoint mode on the Ace to narrow down the location of a target, should be a lot easier than using the Whites. If you have any questions, I'm sure myself, Silver & Sandta can help you out. :)

Goldpick said:
Good luck Atom, everything you need to get started straight off the bat is in there. Even without a pinpointer you can use the pinpoint mode on the Ace to narrow down the location of a target, should be a lot easier than using the Whites. If you have any questions, I'm sure myself, Silver & Sandta can help you out. :)
Protege of Three Learned Mentors. :D :D :D

That's a respectable first swing getting your ear in on a different machine AR. :D

Swinging Goldpicks tecta again, geeze I missed doing this for that sort time..

Hit a park and beachside at a lake today where I've never had luck and it always seems someone had detected there. I found my answer today as the ace beeped at the targets as deep as the sand was made to go ( max half metre until it hits clay, fake beach . Some chum had dropped his tackle box I found out as I went mad trying to pinpoint 5 sinkers in the same spot. Eventually got them out but left the rest as it got annoying. I was yet again very happy with how small of pieces a detector can get at its best conditions. Smallest sinker was 4mm and very deep. So small it tool forever to pinpoint out the sand. A few phantom signals again and ill bring these down to small bits of fpil which get turned or chopped up as I dig, eliminating the signal. The ACE also found me 2 black sand deposits, the signal faded from digging one, the other was still beeping like a can on the black sand I spread out.

A cheap skull ring, levi button, star looking pendant which seems to be brass and silver, a fancy hair clip with I dunno hopefully zircons at least. Very sparkly...and a gold plated bit from a ring or necklace, 2 blue rocks held in place.

$0.50c

As I was getting my neck burnt in the sun, stupidly wearing a black tshirt, Mrs.AtomRat walks over and hold out her hand holding a silver dove earing "look what I just found on the park ground!". Top job girl, you've got the bug now ;)

1448786476_14487857468660.jpg

1448786499_14487857549301.jpg

1448786520_14487857696612.jpg

1448786545_14487863989720.jpg

That looks like it would have been a fun trip AR. :p
I think Mrs AR took out the prize though,... you should employ her specking skills in the hunt a lot more often by the looks of her find. :D

I know she did :rolleyes: ..without a detector.. lol
She has her own finds box and does come out as often as possible with me on digs, sometimes I don't mention it though, but she certainly has the hang of it. Once the coinmaster is running, she wants to swing that with me and dig together which would be really nice and fun.

We had our girls today too, they always love to watch and when people ask what I'm doing, they now answer and saves me a lot of time with 'those' people. I'm sorry, I've made my family all fossicking addicts bwahaha :D were gonna deplete australia ! :lol:

Arrr the day of silver and blisters!!

Target after target today. Had to switch to coin mode instead of jewellery and still noisy as hell. By 2pm I'd had digging little bits of foil and pulltabs, so just stuck with certain 'bongs' that indicated a coin and the rest of the day went much smoother.

The big old trees held the silvers today in thier roots. It hit up to 32 degrees and was hot enough for me to go jump in the river equipped with my snorkel for a dive, to where I found the camera caught in an eddy current behind a big boulder. The clouds started to cover after I found it and I wasnt getting enough light under water, so I got back to detecting. So much area to detect.. I'm going crazy.

For the first time ever I dipped the coil into the water and could hear deep signals stuck behind rock and logs but left them as I will do that with my own submersible md one day, but I was happy to hear signals ;) ( I wasn't in the water with the md goldpick just so you know. Md stayed on the bank when I was in the river :) )

Shilling - 1952
Six pence - 1945
Three pence - 1943
Roo Penny - 1942

$4.03

1448865135_14488525513230.jpg

1448865169_14488649829370.jpg

1448865194_14488649945220.jpg

I can't wait for the heat to kick in hotter mate so I can get some really good river finds ;) was just that tad cold. A wetsuit would have helped!

By the end of the day, the ace felt like 50kg in my arm I left for home at 4:00, started at 11. Glad I slopped on some sunscreen, I still got burnt! Great detector :D

Glad you are getting along with the Ace, it can get heavy when used all day, especially when using the large concentric coil, the weight balance is all wrong. ;)

Then you throw on the sniper coil, and it feels like nothing is attached to the shaft. :p

Latest posts