At Gold or Minelab Monster??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning all,
Im a beginner and about to buy my 1st detector. I can't afford alot, so im looking at the AT Gold & the Minelab Gold Monster 1000. I'm leaning towards the Monster due to it's 45kHz. I do pick up new things well. I'm just unsure if price has anything to do with it. The AT is dearer but the Monster seems better...any advice would be appreciated

The monster is primary a gold detector
The AT is coin and treasure detector..
And with the small coil Will pick up small bits of shallow gold in mild ground.As well as being compleatly water proof... unlike the monster..Just ask yourself what will you be using it for the most. :Y: Good luck.

Nugget Chick said:
Good morning all,
Im a beginner and about to buy my 1st detector. I can't afford alot, so im looking at the AT Gold & the Minelab Gold Monster 1000. I'm leaning towards the Monster due to it's 45kHz. I do pick up new things well. I'm just unsure if price has anything to do with it. The AT is dearer but the Monster seems better...any advice would be appreciated

They are both first rate machines, we tend to hear more about the AT than we do the AT Gold, But the GM is one of the most talked about machine at present, People are having a lot of success with the GM more so in Australia and New Zealand, It's great for detecting shallow ground and rocky out crops etc, being a more modern machine I would have to go with the GM,

J.

My aim is purely gold prospecting. My son has a garret 300i that we use for treasure/coins. Thankyou for your advice... will be grabbing the Monster until i can upgrade. Cheers guys

Nugget Chick said:
My aim is purely gold prospecting. My son has a garret 300i that we use for treasure/coins. Thankyou for your advice... will be grabbing the Monster until i can upgrade. Cheers guys
Good choice... :Y: Good luck :D

Nugget Chick said:

Maybe check out the Minelab equinox 800 only new and maybe what you are after.

Cheers

Nugget Chick said:
Good morning all,

You could also consider the Makro Gold Racer. It's a 56KHz machine with more features and a wider selection of coils than the Gold Monster. Current RRP is less than $900.

Just curious, have you made a decision and/or a purchase?
If so which way did you go?
Im new to this and have bought myself an AT max after much self debate, you tube videos and forum comments.
Matt T

Latest posts