ANZAC DAY - LEST WE FORGET

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top job to all those serving.
I wonder if the lest we forget will be a long lasting cause to remember ,... just thinking that there are no special days that I know of for wars fought pre first world war, and with the passing of 100 years comming up for armistice day in 2018 will they wind it all down, or will they wait untill the grandchildren have all passed away as well ,... just thinking that at some point in the past they must have let the commemoration of older stouches pass into the annals of history to rest, keeping the newer within memory victories to commemorate.
It's still all special. :|

Went and seen it at Townsville last year. Well worth the visit, they have done a great job putting it together. Just don't go when school groups are going through as they mostly don't care about other people wanting to see the exhibits. The young wippa-snappers can be quite rude at times.

Cheers

Doug

Lest We Forget.

My children ran to me to put on their Anzac Day pins this morning.
Too young to fully understand, but they will come to learn and maybe attend
a Dawn Service at Anzac Cove, Gallipoli.

I respect the call to duty and the sacrifice made by so many.
Past and those still present.

Lest We Forget.

Thanks to all that gave their lives and sacrificed so that we do live the lives we live. These words are so little for what they gave; but we do remember and give our sincere thanks.

New statues at my local dawn service this year

20170425_060514.jpg

And a red dawn

20170425_061842.jpg

Lest we forget

We should all give thanks to the brave men and women who have fought to make this country the wonderful place that we live in, their sacrifice should never be forgotten. Those that have returned and the widows and families of those who did not return deserve our support.
To those of you who have lost relatives and love ones our thoughts and prayers are with you, to all the ex and current service men and women have a wonderful day as this nation remembers your sacrifice.

Lest we forget.

Latest posts