Anyone long term Cycling Across Australia witha bicycle?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know why this is still going, It is never going to happen,

Most people here throw all they have at looking for gold, So what chance do you think you have well I will tell you,

PA Members.

1) $60,000 4x4
2) 10 to 30,000$+ worth of camping Gear
3) 6,000 to 10,500$ worth of the Latest tech Detector
4) 600$ worth of Food and a huge WATER supply.
5) unlimited power source Solar, Generator, and Battery backup.
6) 2 to 15 years+ of experience
7) Knowledge of the Areas
8 ) Able to Travel large distances
9) Sat Phones, 2 way Radios and GPS Tracking.
10) and they Travel with more than ONE Vehicle. (mostly)

Their success Rate Possibly 5 Nuggets in every 100-150 targets Dug. +/-, Their Survival Rate 99.99% Because they spend well over $100,000 to Reduce any Risks Involved and Own/Use the latest Tech to give them the best possible chance,

DeepThoughtCycle's Preparation.

1) Fisher F-75
2) 1 Pushbike with minimal Spares or Parts
3) 5-10 litres of water MAX
4) Maybe 4 to 5 days FOOD
5) ZERO experience
6) ZERO Knowledge of the Area
7) ZERO Knowledge about Prospecting / Detecting.
8 ) ZERO Safety Equipment
9) ZERO Back up Plan
10) Travelling Alone,

Your Chance of Success ZERO, Your chance of finding Gold 1 in 3000 targets, Your Chance of Survival 0.001%. And the Best part of your Plan is the F-75 and that Is Less than Ideal for the Areas you want to Detect, And the Weakest Link and Liability in your plan is YOU because you won't Listen to the People Who Know BEST and the Raw Facts about going out there or at finding Gold.

I don't believe anyone would even attempt such a Doomed venture in the first place,

Enough already :N: :mad: :mad:

J.

Ridge Runner said:
I don't know why this is still going, It is never going to happen,

Most people here throw all they have at looking for gold, So what chance do you think you have well I will tell you,

DeepThoughtCycle's Preparation.

1) Fisher F-75
2) 1 Pushbike with minimal Spares or Parts
3) 5-10 litres of water MAX
4) Maybe 4 to 5 days FOOD
5) ZERO experience
6) ZERO Knowledge of the Area
7) ZERO Knowledge about Prospecting / Detecting.
8 ) ZERO Safety Equipment
9) ZERO Back up Plan
10) Travelling Alone,

My preparation:

1) It will be either an SDC 2300 or GPX 5000 most likely.
2) Ive gone more than 40000km on pushbikes... the current has seen about 16000km. I will have spare deraileur, puncture proof (and I am talking 15000 km of rough china streets and junk without a single flat type puncture resistant) I will have spares for everything which can go bad... Chains, drealeur, tires, spokes
3) I will take with me minimum 50 liters of water. Most likely much more. (goal is a week of water)
4) as for the food, Id like to see a week of food 7 days.
5) I have a lot of experience riding a bike
6) Im going to get as much knowledge of the area as I can before I go... As I said its a question of where.. WA vs Nevada
7) I dont know about zero knowledge of prospecting.. I have already done hundreds of hours research. Your right, I will have a lot to learn, however I have to this point watched easily more than a hundred hours of private videos on the subject (probably closer to 3-400 hours. You see I have aspergerers Autism, so when I focus on something I go crazy suxking up information on the subject)
8) I will have GPS/emergency equipment/Solar chargers
9) not sure about travelling alone
10) I am considering seeing if I can find a Surly Bill Trailer in Australia, or build my own there. https://www.google.com/search?newwi...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.2.719...0i7i30k1.zJC-W3Z3VEs

Also they are so expensive : (

I currently have a surly cub https://www.google.com/search?newwi.....0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..6.0.0.zIN67ecoyXM

I have loaded it to death.. I may try to get a larger trailer... I also have pannier bags... will get a front set.
11) CAmping gear is cheaper to buy here and bring with me.

The rest of this year I will continue researching and saving cash and working as much as I can to get the proper funds.I assure you I am serious about it.

Seeing those two teams get 65 ounces in a season, have food brought by airplane... let me tell you something... you see how fat they are?

I know they have q whole crew and tv producer and locals pointing them in the right direction. I hope Ill meet some nice people, gleam some good advice, and learn a lkot from the geological maps before I arrive.

As much as I try to change my focus to Nevada so I can try to get some things cleared up in the us (been away 17 years) its real tough when everythign I see shows me there are a lot of big nuggets in Australia...

The big question is... Is nevada Hiding the big nuggets and just largly underhunted overlooked compared to western Australia.... or is wester Australia just more productive?

IF I went and grabbed a city of Aussies wiht an alien ship from WA and dropped them off in Nevada, would we br seeing the same sort of Tally?

I know minelab has not broken the market share there as well as VLF detectors... If Nevada was raked with nice minelab PIs like Western Australia what then ? I subject I am thinking about often....

I shouldnt be writing on here ( or stalking the user finds .. man hard to keep awqay from this forum so much good stuff to read) I should be working....... back to work for me. :Thanks again for everyones helpful feedback.

Yes John, I edited your post.

It's a free world and DTC is an adult and able to make his own decisions. He has been proven by the mod team to be a legitimate member.

Play nice now. :Y:

If deepthoughtcycle does go ahead with this , would it be legal to run a Tab ?
From what i have read i believe he probably can do the cycling and survive :Y:
Its the gold tally that i doubt as moving through un familar areas and not breaking laws will generally only get you on flogged ground , any spot you can remotely research without knowing a clever local , will have a high chance that it has had some form of detecting or prospecting done on it in the last 200 yrs.
I dont know DTCs skills or endurance, but my bet would be 6 grams with the chance of 60 grams if he is one lucky ducky.
Nothings impossible and i said it before, if he can get 60 ounces we will all be pushbike riding to the feilds :lol:

DeepThoughtCycle said:
My preparation:

1) It will be either an SDC 2300 or GPX 5000 most likely.
2) Ive gone more than 40000km on pushbikes... the current has seen about 16000km. I will have spare deraileur, puncture proof (and I am talking 15000 km of rough china streets and junk without a single flat type puncture resistant) I will have spares for everything which can go bad... Chains, drealeur, tires, spokes
3) I will take with me minimum 50 liters of water. Most likely much more. (goal is a week of water)
4) as for the food, Id like to see a week of food 7 days.
5) I have a lot of experience riding a bike
6) Im going to get as much knowledge of the area as I can before I go... As I said its a question of where.. WA vs Nevada
7) I dont know about zero knowledge of prospecting.. I have already done hundreds of hours research. Your right, I will have a lot to learn, however I have to this point watched easily more than a hundred hours of private videos on the subject (probably closer to 3-400 hours. You see I have aspergerers Autism, so when I focus on something I go crazy suxking up information on the subject)
8) I will have GPS/emergency equipment/Solar chargers
9) not sure about travelling alone
10) I am considering seeing if I can find a Surly Bill Trailer in Australia, or build my own there. https://www.google.com/search?newwi...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.2.719...0i7i30k1.zJC-W3Z3VEs

Also they are so expensive : (

I currently have a surly cub https://www.google.com/search?newwi.....0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..6.0.0.zIN67ecoyXM

I have loaded it to death.. I may try to get a larger trailer... I also have pannier bags... will get a front set.
11) CAmping gear is cheaper to buy here and bring with me.

The rest of this year I will continue researching and saving cash and working as much as I can to get the proper funds.I assure you I am serious about it.

Seeing those two teams get 65 ounces in a season, have food brought by airplane... let me tell you something... you see how fat they are?

I know they have q whole crew and tv producer and locals pointing them in the right direction. I hope Ill meet some nice people, gleam some good advice, and learn a lkot from the geological maps before I arrive.

As much as I try to change my focus to Nevada so I can try to get some things cleared up in the us (been away 17 years) its real tough when everythign I see shows me there are a lot of big nuggets in Australia...

The big question is... Is nevada Hiding the big nuggets and just largly underhunted overlooked compared to western Australia.... or is wester Australia just more productive?

IF I went and grabbed a city of Aussies wiht an alien ship from WA and dropped them off in Nevada, would we br seeing the same sort of Tally?

I know minelab has not broken the market share there as well as VLF detectors... If Nevada was raked with nice minelab PIs like Western Australia what then ? I subject I am thinking about often....

I shouldnt be writing on here ( or stalking the user finds .. man hard to keep awqay from this forum so much good stuff to read) I should be working....... back to work for me. :Thanks again for everyones helpful feedback.

I have watched Hundreds of Grand Prix Races, but that don't make me NO Mark Webber either or Lewis Hamilton.

As for the TV shows, those Guys have over $500,000 invested in plant equipment and they have been prospecting for years, No watching Video's and they have a Backup plan and Vehicles to go and buy food and water supplies with and there is more than one of them along with having a TV Crew with SAT COMS and the Air Ambulance is only a Phone Call away.

No Matter where a Prospector is from be it Nevada or the GT they will still have a good knowledge of what they are doing and not trying to copy someone in a Video.

Regardless of how many miles you have covered on your Bike you are putting your self on an endangered list, People go out there with 4x4's and all the right gear and they DIE.

Regardless how fat people are the fact is they have access to have food and supplies that can be dropped off to them so their not having to Tough it out and they have a Quad Bike and 2 4x4's and a fully kitted out Hotel on Wheels with AirCon, So that is like detecting on the edge of town and going home for Lunch, Their prospecting is Very hard work but their living conditions and safety factors are way off the scale,

Having been out in the Bush I have seen what is out there, I have seen Thermometers that went up to 67*c on the scale that have gone half an inch past the point where the numbers ended and could not go any higher, I have worked out there where I have had to drink over 20 litres of water in a day and still could not quench my thirst.

I don't Care what you have seen on TV or in Video's, You are wrong and you will Die if you head deep inland without the right gear, Peoples remains are being found every year who went missing years ago and they did know what they were doing and had the right gear,

Make all the excuses you like, make it sound as Hollywood as you like, The results will be the same and it won't be you who suffers, It will be your family who spend their lives wondering what ever happened to you and it is them who will have to rebuild their lives when you don't return home, Do you really want to Punish them like that, What on earth have they done to you that you would want to put them through such hell with your recklessness,

You are going to have to spend good money on plane tickets and getting you gear to OZ and then buy supplies and more gear when you get there, If your family needs money then why not just give then the money you are going to waste on doing this?,

I am not going to wish you good luck, you don't deserve it because you are the cause of your problems and you won't listen, so just get on with it.

RR
i tried all that when he first started and it done no good so save your fingers mate he has a one track mind and that is to end his days in Australia :mad: :mad: :mad:
and at the end of the day its his choice and he has made that choice and NOTHING any one on here says will change that O:) O:)

Well, I must admit to having visions ,.... like the other week when you first floated the idea
1504356871_images-2.jpg

then I started thinking about it all
1504356940_images-5.jpg

but you seemed to be all fit n stuff
1504357002_images-27.jpg

but we all talked (like we do) an realised you'd need more gear than that ,..... n we got to this with your thinking
1504357144_images-18.jpg

but it started to seem like you'd just need to bring more n more ,.... but, you said you were well trained n up to the task
1504357257_images-20.jpg

but that was like over kill.
Still it just keeps seeming like you'll need more
1504357363_2017-09-02-22-48-50-1011189238.jpg

N more
1504357428_images-8.jpg

N MORE
1504357488_images-9.jpg

an M O R E
but where will it all endlol
1504357537_images-7.jpg

at least your starting to get our aussie humor mate (well we're all havin a laugh) ;) ;) :lol:

7.62marksman said:
RR
i tried all that when he first started and it done no good so save your fingers mate he has a one track mind and that is to end his days in Australia :mad: :mad: :mad:
and at the end of the day its his choice and he has made that choice and NOTHING any one on here says will change that O:) O:)

Yep I agree mate, I am done with him now, I just don't want to be sitting here 6 months a year from now knowing that maybe if I had of said something I could have save his life, So at leased now I am not accountable and what ever happens is not my fault :Y:

I'm good with that, :lol: :lol: :lol:

J.

Silver you are Most, love your sense of humour, :Y: :Y:

J.

Wish you the best of luck DTC, you know the old saying you don't get what you deserve you get what you go for.....Your reality is yours alone and no one has and will ever walk in your shoes, we all walk the path that we choose to and you're walking your path or better yet riding on a bike. lol

Hope you find one nugget to satisfy your soul. :)

Ridge Runner said:
7.62marksman said:
RR

Yep I agree mate, I am done with him now, I just don't want to be sitting here 6 months a year from now knowing that maybe if I had of said something I could have save his life, So at leased now I am not accountable and what ever happens is not my fault :Y:

J.

J.

We have all tried to give him advice. Up to him now to take it on board or not. :D

Ramjet said:
Ridge Runner said:
7.62marksman said:
RR

J.

J.

We have all tried to give him advice. Up to him now to take it on board or not. :D

Yep for sure, I hate seeing anyone come to harm regardless of who they are, and it is the ones left behind I feel sorry for.

J.

I'm right down the other end of the scale now....Obv the OP is determined so now I'm wondering how much he would get. Anything over 5 ounces and I'll head west for a few weeks myself. Who knows with a bit of luck this could be the greatest PA story to ever unfold, , total newbie heads overseas after watching prospecting series and gold videos and takes home thousands after cycling into remote areas. It's got Alby Mangels, the Kelly crew and the Hoffmans in South America written all over it and I for one can't wait to see what transpires. At least this reality show will have all the risks and pitfalls and no scripted scenes. I'm done worrying about his family and his foolhardyness, its entertainment and I can't wait.