Anyone long term Cycling Across Australia witha bicycle?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:
Ridge Runner said:
DeepThoughtCycle said:
Love seeing the comments. Thanks for replying.I have lowered my expectations to 20-40 ounces : ) Ill be going with a team mate most likely. More to come : )

If you had more people with you, You could divide the supplies making the whole project more doable,
sorry mate i have to disagree with you on that
more people means more supplies not less

Ooops I didn't take that in to account, ya right there,

John.

Judging by my experience in gold prospecting and the amount you expect to get I calculate you will need to carry one of these with you
1503811764_images_5.jpg

Sheeesh! This has gone on for a while.
He's been well warned many times, just let him come and fail.
Sometimes that's the only way for some people to learn.
Don't waste your time typing well thought out explanations, it goes out one ear quicker than it goes in.

Occasional_panner said:
Sheeesh! This has gone on for a while.
He's been well warned many times, just let him come and fail.
Sometimes that's the only way for some people to learn.
Don't waste your time typing well thought out explanations, it goes out one ear quicker than it goes in.

The thing is that he is a genuine member with genuine, in his mind, goals. Most of us Aussies who live in the real world can see that he is WAY overreaching in his aims. It seems he cannot be influenced away from them but unless he breaches forum rules, he can continue to post as he wishes.

I reckon the best course now is to just stop responding to his posts as he obviously takes no heed from the advice given to him.

7.62marksman said:
Tassydazza said:
Forget about this clown he is setting you all up.
finally someone agrees with me :Y:

I am sorry to disagree but he really does seem genuine. His flood of posts certainly attracted the attention of us moderators. He was eve given a 3 day ban as seemingly a troll. After exchanging a few emails with him, I determined that he is genuine, if misguided in his goals for an adventure in Australia. If he takes on board the advice offered, he should have an enjoyable experience. But I fear he will expect the unrealistic DREAM and be disappointed.

I agree with Ramjet, we don't just ban people from here permanently for no reason, he's not causing anyone else harm or talking trash on here. He has just as much right as anyone else to be a member here and should be given the same respect, even if his goals are unrealistic.

Yup, no matter how crazy u think his ideas are...he prob thinks yours are to. I'd personally never attempt such a thing but as a child I remember spending weeks in the old Econo van, mum driving, dad riding. Did Alice to Darwin, Perth to Geraldton, Adelaide to Melbourne over a few years. His 67 now and just completed last years Tour de France route. Nuts.!!
I wish the OP all the best. Just get prepared and do ur homework :)

Starting to flog a dead horse now ! He has asked for advise and it has been duly given !
To deep thought cycle , if your genuine come over and give it a crack best of luck to you .
It's nobody's business what you do or don't do that's your call to make mate .

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftc8N_OWS8A[/video]

Hey everyone. I am still deliberating about the hole thing. YEs, resources are thin. As they have for the millions who have flocked to the gold rushes before me. I greatly respect everyones wisdom. I have watched hours and hours of videos, and have even incorporated the possibility of nevada vs Western Australia.....

I have literally watched every video on youtube about nuggets... and there are lots more nugget vdieos of large size from Western Australia coompared to everyother location on youtube.

Perhaps Nevada has not been detected to death like Western Australia has...

Per haps Australians are much more active on youtube than those in Nevada, or perhaps the use of detector.detector enthusiasts are higher in Australia.

I have not written anything off, and am still looking to

1) avoid fines
2) not break laws
3) have acess to places on earth not completely hunted out
4) make 20 oz minimum (seems unlikely in Nevada although I have dont much more research on Western Australias large nuggets thus far)
5) not die
6) not endanger my family in China
7) must purchase a gpx5000
8) no time to do claims
9) Highbanking seems impossible and low yielding in Australia by bike
10) it seems I will not be able to start this journey until April, possibly may/june 3 months max.

There are a lot of factors to be sure.

The amount of poeple with nuggets in western Australia vs The rest of the Earth is statistically quite noticeable.

Id also like people to consider all the places accessible by bike that get passed over in the western australian outback because there is nobody riding a bike.

Im not trying to pull anyones leg. I am 100% serious.

Dont worry about rescue parties. I assure you I would not put my life in an unprepared danger that would keep me from returning to my children. I am going on this trip for them.

Im waiting on some response from jeff williams hopefully with some good advice. And I think your advice is also valuable. I have my hands full right now plowing through lifes daily challenges. I thank you for your concern and advice.

Just think about that a bit.

And, if this materializes, and someone out there is around to show me the way to that pie in the sky, in any way they are able, much appreciation.

good luck mate.

1) avoid fines - you won't get a speeding fine on your treddley. know where you're allowed to be and not allowed to be and you'll be fine.

2) not break laws - know where you're allowed to be and not allowed to be and you'll be fine.

3) have acess to places on earth not completely hunted out - plenty still here, finding them is the hard bit.

4) make 20 oz minimum (seems unlikely in Nevada although I have dont much more research on Western Australias large nuggets thus far) -unfortunately, highly unlikely here in Aust given your lack of experience, first time visit and your time frame. You may be lucky though and I hope you are.

5) not die -don't be stupid, don't take risks, don't go near wolf creek or my lease and you'll get out alive. :D

6) not endanger my family in China - only you can prevent that. We all wish them well too

7) must purchase a gpx5000 - or a 4500 or a 7000. My pick? 7000 hands down!

8) no time to do claims - you will need 40E's or permissions if detecting on a lot of ground in WA. These take time to secure. 40E's -21 days from lodgement to granted. Make sure you factor this into your time frame.

9) Highbanking seems impossible and low yielding in Australia by bike - Water is your problem in WA

10) it seems I will not be able to start this journey until April, possibly may/june 3 months max. - Great time to come detecting wise, but pack your woollies and your tweezers

Again, good luck mate, all the best.

madtuna said:
good luck mate.

1) avoid fines - you won't get a speeding fine on your treddley. know where you're allowed to be and not allowed to be and you'll be fine.

2) not break laws - know where you're allowed to be and not allowed to be and you'll be fine.

3) have acess to places on earth not completely hunted out - plenty still here, finding them is the hard bit.

4) make 20 oz minimum (seems unlikely in Nevada although I have dont much more research on Western Australias large nuggets thus far) -unfortunately, highly unlikely here in Aust given your lack of experience, first time visit and your time frame. You may be lucky though and I hope you are.

5) not die -don't be stupid, don't take risks, don't go near wolf creek or my lease and you'll get out alive. :D

6) not endanger my family in China - only you can prevent that. We all wish them well too

8) no time to do claims - you will need 40E's or permissions if detecting on a lot of ground in WA. These take time to secure. 40E's -21 days from lodgement to granted. Make sure you factor this into your time frame.

9) Highbanking seems impossible and low yielding in Australia by bike - Water is your problem in WA

10) it seems I will not be able to start this journey until April, possibly may/june 3 months max. - Great time to come detecting wise, but pack your woollies and your tweezers

Good advice there mate.
Jaros :Y:

madtuna said:
good luck mate.

Good advice there mate.
Jaros :Y:

Latest posts