Anyone long term Cycling Across Australia witha bicycle?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silver said:
91shorty said:
Rockhunter62 said:
Well he won't be taking anymore than $9999 of gold or currency with him. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Doug

http://www.austrac.gov.au/travellers/travelling-or-out-australia/reporting-physical-currency-faqs

And Gold Nuggets as far as i can see is UNDER market value of AUD$250,000
Where did it say that shorty ! :D

It's on another PDF i have about Exporting goods

Google this
australian customs and border protection service volume 12

silver said:
Ridge Runner said:
Tathradj said:
Take the Fergy for a run. :D :D :D
Or do you have a Fordson Major. :D :D :D

The ol T20 would be better off road than a bike, Lol

J.
And you can run it on kero too :Y:

We had 3 of them at one time 2 ran on standard and one you had to start it on standard and switch it over to kero and all 3 were in top condition and we had 2 MF35's and a 35 multi-power and a Brown 885 that was like the day it was made, it only had 1700 hrs on it when it was sold.

diggit said:
aussiefarmer said:
I hope to go detecting for a weekend in the next 4 or 5 weeks , i wont be taking a push bike and i will be aiming for 60 ounces too, the reallity is i will probably get 0.6 of a gram .

Yes, but IF you took a push bike you could supercharge your gold returns 100 fold.

Low and Slow, remember?
A wooden push bike with a massive coil underneath. :p

aussiefarmer said:
I hope to go detecting for a weekend in the next 4 or 5 weeks , i wont be taking a push bike and i will be aiming for 60 ounces too, the reallity is i will probably get 0.6 of a gram .
I'll jog up overnight and we will double the take.

I have a 35 fergy the all the other ones are 100+ hp , i will probably take the ute as it is hard enough to drive home after detecting all day let alone peddling a pushy .
If Deepdreamcycle can hit his target of 60 oz in 90 days :eek: we will all eat our hats and be peddling to the gold feilds :lol: the push bike price will sky rocket .
Hopefully his cycle doesnt become the hood ornimate of a road train and the reallity that your not going to find good gold with out spending weeks in one area doesnt destroy his optimism (unless you are a lucky sob ).
Having a target of a gram a day hurts enough when you go home without color , let alone aiming for an oz a day .

Yeah, I dont even make flyshit at times. This looks great but if you know how long and how much effort it took me to get it Its not great. Like I said before about $4 dollars per hour before expenses.
1503459069_20170501_221915.jpg

Love seeing the comments. Thanks for replying.I have lowered my expectations to 20-40 ounces : ) Ill be going with a team mate most likely. More to come : )

DeepThoughtCycle said:
Love seeing the comments. Thanks for replying.I have lowered my expectations to 20-40 ounces : ) Ill be going with a team mate most likely. More to come : )

If you had more people with you, You could divide the supplies making the whole project more doable,

Lots of places(regions) in Australia have set themselves up as tourist destinations. You will find signs everywhere that say no camping"fines apply" ,... this ensures that any visitors to the areas must pay to stay, thereby providing steady stream incomes financially into the coffers of said regions. You will find yourself paying per night to stay as you travel.
you will find that places you want to try have been done to death by the multitudes before you that had the same idea as you. You see people finding bits and pieces, but they go out to the same spots over and over and grid them to bits until there is only large spaces left between tiny finds. If you bring your target down to between 5 grams and 2 ounces(if you were super lucky) total for your entire trip you would be looking at grasping reality properly instead of still trying to live the fantasy you are trying hard to convince/delude yourself exists in any way shape or form. The distances you have to travel between areas will chew up most of your time in Australia leaving you even less time on the ground detecting than the locals enjoy on a daily basis. This fantasm of yours that will place you in extremes of danger beyond your wildest beliefs endangering both your life and the lives of the many people who engage in bringing you back to safety (and billing you for the cost of said lifesaving endeavors) does not even take into account the fact that you would leave your Mrs and children to their own devices whilst you spend much much more actual money on your once in a lifetime adventure than the pittance you will hold in your hand upon your return. How then will you hold your head up high within your own circumstances at home ,.... or will you just blow it all off as some mysterious misadventures that are just unexplainable as you then yet again plan ahead to plunder your own resources out of your needy families hands ,.... perhaps you may wake up to yourself now and stop this folly of belief that befalls your loved ones. Your pipe dreams are just that, bubbles of mist that disappear with the wind ,.... and your folly is in the trying to hold together the mist in some semblance of belief instead of just letting it go and getting on with loving your beautiful family in a way that will add materially to the entirety of it all instead of stripping away some of that of which you have already in buckets full. ;) ;)

Ridge Runner said:
DeepThoughtCycle said:

If you had more people with you, You could divide the supplies making the whole project more doable,
sorry mate i have to disagree with you on that
more people means more supplies not less

DeepThoughtCycle said:
Again 4 dollars per hour before expenses. I am not joking.

Latest posts