An ounce a day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum's but not to the game, reading an article today about this new Gympie gold rush, The Pan-demic as they're calling it. Where would I go to consistently get an ounce a day ? The article is talking about an ounce being worth 2500 big ones. Are any recreational hole diggers finding that much ? Now more and more people are applying for recreational fossicking license's the numbers back that, but does that mean there's a full on ounce a day gold rush ? The article was also saying it's a good way to secure an income during the pandemic, what would you guys say to a person with limited savings that was going to spend it on prospecting gear and start making 2500 a day being a fossicker ? Yay or nay ? Fossicking is a wonderful thing but I can't help wonder how many people are being put off for good because they think an Oz a day Is a good goal (I hope for a kg when I get the pans out). As fossickers we know less people means more gold/gems for us but I'd hate to see someone go broke entering game thinking it's that easy, or is it that easy and I just wasted 10+ years not looking hard enough ? Look forward to the replies thanks guys and gals. - Spirit

Hi spirit and welcome not sure which article exactly but if i wrote the said article now from what i consider a short experience in gold finding 5 years would be a comparison of more everyday life situations.

1) An ounce a day would probably be easier obtained from your local dealer if you were that way inclined.

2) Limited savings might be better wasted at your local pokies club if you were that way inclined.

edit i don't recommend any three suggestions for a sustainable proposition. my opinion.

Thanks everyone, yeah the article didn't say an oz a day directly but it definitely hinted to ounces per outing which isn't the case, imagine having no experience and reading that. It was more for newcomers than myself. Get ready for another influx of cheap detectors lol

In my dream I sit upon a throne of gold.
:p :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:

Yeah I average out at about half to one and half grams a day panning . 25 days for an ounce .

Latest posts