Amplifier/speaker/signal booster information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That link takes me to Campers Vans & 4WD's ...what am I looking for Jaros?

Weird, just clicked it again and it took me to Detector Accessories ..system's giving me the Grand Tour.
I see some reference to boosters there, will scan through them.. Thx Jaros.

Get into contact with detectaden in fishwick. They are selling these amped speaker thing that work well with the sdc.
They can clip onto your front pocket or strap to the detector whatever you prefer. Only cost about $45. Alot cheeper than a b z booster.
However you will need to get the phase tech adapter cable

Greglz86 said:
Get into contact with detectaden in fishwick. They are selling these amped speaker thing that work well with the sdc.
They can clip onto your front pocket or strap to the detector whatever you prefer. Only cost about $45. Alot cheeper than a b z booster.

Lisheng LH-380 is the booster Greglz is referring to.

Got one last week and gave it a run for 2 days at Dunolly/Tarnagulla. Works great. I clip mine to the front of the shoulder strap of back pack.

If hard of hearing, you can crank up the volume to a point where someone in the next postcode could hear your target signals.

Yep, thats the one. Was at work and couldn't think of the name at the time. Im thinking of getting a cover and findind a way to strap it to that simply because i found the cables to be a bit fiddly.
I had it attached to my front pocket and even there it started to hurt my ears.

Guys,
How much difference does the Booster make compared to the headphones that come with the SDC ?

The headphones worked better for me. However with the threshold settings on the sdc and the no adjustable volume on the headphones after 8 hours i was hearing that threshhold sound ringing in my head untill about midnight lol.

Greglz86 said:
The headphones worked better for me. However with the threshold settings on the sdc and the no adjustable volume on the headphones after 8 hours i was hearing that threshhold sound ringing in my head untill about midnight lol.

Yeah that happens to me also Greg if I go too long, I find it's not so bad if I take a regular short break.

That's why I run a lower Sensitivity using headphones, and a higher sens with the B&Z and external speaker. The warbles are much easier to handle when it isn't right in you ear drum. :)

But the beauty of the booster is obviously if you want a smooth threshold you can drop the SDC sens to 2 and turn up the booster volume, and you'll still hear the faint signals.

mdv said:
Greglz86 said:

Got one last week and gave it a run for 2 days at Dunolly/Tarnagulla. Works great. I clip mine to the front of the shoulder strap of back pack.

If hard of hearing, you can crank up the volume to a point where someone in the next postcode could hear your target signals.
Direct from China for $16.99
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281316292255&alt=web
Have tried the $45 one & it works well. Got the $16.99 one from China last week so will give it a go & let ya's know if it's the same. Appears to be?

mbasko said:
mdv said:
Greglz86 said:

Direct from China for $16.99
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281316292255&alt=web
Have tried the $45 one & it works well. Got the $16.99 one from China last week so will give it a go & let ya's know if it's the same. Appears to be?

Cheers all , just ordered one as well , tried a wireless sender to headphones which worked ok but with slight delay and not robust enough for detector work probably ok for music but 3.5 mm plugs broke away after a few hours wasted $29

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310576671538?nav=SEARCH
Good strong curly lead for the LH-380.
Tested the one from China briefly today & it worked well. No different to the $45 one. Will be good to have as a spare or a tester/loaner for people to try it.
Wish I'd found the $16.99 one a few hundred dollars ago :lol:

mbasko said:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310576671538?nav=SEARCH
Good strong curly lead for the LH-380.
Tested the one from China briefly today & it worked well. No different to the $45 one. Will be good to have as a spare or a tester/loaner for people to try it.
Wish I'd found the $16.99 one a few hundred dollars ago :lol:

I did thanks to you :p

Glad to hear they go ok , good find

Cheers

Latest posts