AlgoForce E1500 - NEW PI DETECTOR FROM EX MINELAB ENGINEER

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you are having fun with it Adrian, hope to catch up with you over this way soon. Laanecoorie bash is not that far away.
Thanks John, good to see you still around the place.... be nice to catch up again that’s for sure. My detector club is planning a trip over around Easter, so there’s a chance.
Btw.... is the old gang still having their shindigs at Amherst..?

I think it is to hold the powerpack securely back since the velcro straps can let it slip forward over the retaining lip if not super tight
XLOOX: I understand why you would think that because that retaining lip doesn’t quite do the job 100% if the battery pack hasn’t got a perfect right angle edge. As you can see my battery has chamfered edges which tend to let the battery want to slide over that shortish stop lip.
I’m sure these little design details can be improved upon as feedback comes to light. I think improvements are bound to show up down the track with this company.... they seem like real innovators to me.👏

XLOOX: I understand why you would think that because that retaining lip doesn’t quite do the job 100% if the battery pack hasn’t got a perfect right angle edge. As you can see my battery has chamfered edges which tend to let the battery want to slide over that shortish stop lip.
I’m sure these little design details can be improved upon as feedback comes to light. I think improvements are bound to show up down the track with this company.... they seem like real innovators to me.👏
Yes, it is a very minor issue and I sorted mine with a bit of double sided velcro sticky tape. Alex ( Algoforce director) advised me they are already onto it and will sort it. Cant ask more than that !

Velcro tape, one on the battery bank, one on the detector, battery bank secure, even if you don't do the straps up right. I found the key to doing the straps up tight was their position, I have a rounded edge power bank so mine was prone to sliding out a bit over the lip, repositioning the straps solved it completely, but as a precaution for if I'm lazy and don't do the straps up tight I have the Velcro there. Also, if someone like DD Leather makes a cover for it, problem solved by that. I hope if they do, perhaps they don't make such a heavy canvas cover, and think about a lighter alternative, the detector is so light it would be a shame to weigh it down with a heavy cover, Neoprene maybe the better choice to keep the weight down.

IMG_1565.jpg
This is the best clip position for a rounded battery bank, I found. Never had a problen since doing that.

The other thing, now that I've got it all tight and in position, I don't ever need to remove it, I just plug in a longer USB charging cable to my USB power sockets in the house and off I go, charging it up with minimal hassles. Crazy to remove it to charge it.

By the way, a new firmware version is now available, you can get it at their website the downloads section, just do a factory reset after installing it, it will keep your coil profiles during the reset. I've been using it all day, it's great, does as advertised.

Release Notes for AlgoForce E1500 Software v1.0.8:

1. The activation time for a long key press function has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 0.7 seconds. For example, the time duration between pressing and holding the ground balance key and the commencement of actual ground balancing is now 0.7 seconds, as opposed to 1.5 seconds. Other functions requiring a long key press are similarly affected, including vibration adjustment and auto frequency scan.

2. In version 1.0.7, Pinpoint mode and the main detection mode shared the same volume and vibration controls. With the introduction of v1.0.8, Pinpoint mode now features independent volume and vibration controls separate from the main detection mode. Users can customize their preferred volume and vibration settings in either mode. Furthermore, the volume and vibration settings in both modes are saved during power down for convenience.

YouTube video of the new update

Last edited:
Velcro tape, one on the battery bank, one on the detector, battery bank secure, even if you don't do the straps up right. I found the key to doing the straps up tight was their position, I have a rounded edge power bank so mine was prone to sliding out a bit over the lip, repositioning the straps solved it completely, but as a precaution for if I'm lazy and don't do the straps up tight I have the Velcro there. Also, if someone like DD Leather makes a cover for it, problem solved by that. I hope if they do, perhaps they don't make such a heavy canvas cover, and think about a lighter alternative, the detector is so light it would be a shame to weigh it down with a heavy cover, Neoprene maybe the better choice to keep the weight down.

View attachment 12813
This is the best clip position for a rounded battery bank, I found. Never had a problen since doing that.

The other thing, now that I've got it all tight and in position, I don't ever need to remove it, I just plug in a longer USB charging cable to my USB power sockets in the house and off I go, charging it up with minimal hassles. Crazy to remove it to charge it.

By the way, a new firmware version is now available, you can get it at their website the downloads section, just do a factory reset after installing it, it will keep your coil profiles during the reset. I've been using it all day, it's great, does as advertised.

Release Notes for AlgoForce E1500 Software v1.0.8:

1. The activation time for a long key press function has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 0.7 seconds. For example, the time duration between pressing and holding the ground balance key and the commencement of actual ground balancing is now 0.7 seconds, as opposed to 1.5 seconds. Other functions requiring a long key press are similarly affected, including vibration adjustment and auto frequency scan.

2. In version 1.0.7, Pinpoint mode and the main detection mode shared the same volume and vibration controls. With the introduction of v1.0.8, Pinpoint mode now features independent volume and vibration controls separate from the main detection mode. Users can customize their preferred volume and vibration settings in either mode. Furthermore, the volume and vibration settings in both modes are saved during power down for convenience.

YouTube video of the new update
on the subject of weight, i have a 10ahr powerpack the size of a mobile phone and is 220g. My 20ahr pack is closer to 500g so unless you REALLY need the extra hours then thta is a whopping 300g saving

on the subject of weight, i have a 10ahr powerpack the size of a mobile phone and is 220g. My 20ahr pack is closer to 500g so unless you REALLY need the extra hours then thta is a whopping 300g saving
Correct, when the detectors average power usage is 700 mA then a 10000 is more than ample to last a full day. For those using headphones or a Bluetooth transmitter and low backlight, they will get an even longer runtime. Even at maximum load of 1 amp it will last 10 hours off a genuine 10000 mAh battery, at average power consumption usage it will last 14 hours off a 10000 mAh battery. Be wary though, there are plenty of fake batteries on the market, so stick with reputable brands, I'm rather partial to Belkin having a long history with the brand, but plenty of other good brands available., none of which are expensive comparative to Minelab batteries. and their pricing for a bunch of 18650's in a plastic or alloy housing.

You can calculate your estimated runtime here

https://www.digikey.co.nz/en/resources/conversion-calculators/conversion-calculator-battery-life

The benefit of a 20000 maH battery is it acts as a counter weight to a larger coil so for me I prefer a 10000 mAh for small coils, a 20000 mAh for larger coils, nothing to do with battery life, it's lasting longer than I will in a day :) They also charge fast with a good charger.

Okay, I have done a bunch of tests on various coils on the E1500, and here's the ones I can recommend:

Detech 8" Mono
NF Advantage 8x6" Sadie
NF Advantage 12x7" Mono
Minelab 11" Super Goldsearch Mono
Minelab 11" Commander Mono
NF Evolution 14x9"
NF Evolution 12"

Have got a bit of it on video, and will do it in two parts as I do tend to waffle on at times (don't we all when talking about detector gear :cool:) and the first video I already had to cut down from 44 mins to 30 mins.

Will be testing soon:
Coiltek 9" Elite
Minelab 8" Commander

I've been trying to get some of the older Coiltek and NF 10x5" monos to try, but seems everyone is hanging on to them. If anyone in Adelaide has any I could borrow, please let me know.

Okay, I have done a bunch of tests on various coils on the E1500, and here's the ones I can recommend:

Detech 8" Mono
NF Advantage 8x6" Sadie
NF Advantage 12x7" Mono
Minelab 11" Super Goldsearch Mono
Minelab 11" Commander Mono
NF Evolution 14x9"
NF Evolution 12"

Have got a bit of it on video, and will do it in two parts as I do tend to waffle on at times (don't we all when talking about detector gear :cool:) and the first video I already had to cut down from 44 mins to 30 mins.

Will be testing soon:
Coiltek 9" Elite
Minelab 8" Commander

I've been trying to get some of the older Coiltek and NF 10x5" monos to try, but seems everyone is hanging on to them. If anyone in Adelaide has any I could borrow, please let me know.
Can you test other detech coils 11 inch and 15 inch

I have done a bunch of tests on various coils on the E1500, and here's the ones I can recommend:
Hi Nenad,

Good info 👍

Not sure if you are happy to, but could you also list those coils you tried that you wouldn't recommend?

And, just wondering why some weren't suitable? Poor performance on small gold? Did not calibrate?

Cheers, N.E.

Hi Nenad,
Thanks for that info.
Have you tested any bigger coils yet, such as 17x13 EVO ? That's one coil that gets a lot of use in WA for patch hunting.
Cheers, Rick

Hi Nenad,

Good info 👍

Not sure if you are happy to, but could you also list those coils you tried that you wouldn't recommend?

And, just wondering why some weren't suitable? Poor performance on small gold? Did not calibrate?

Cheers, N.E.
I won't name any specifics because some of the coils are old, and possibly have faults in shielding or cable etc. Every coil I've tried so far has been able to calibrate. The 12x8" Evo is a little twitchier than a 14x9" Evo on same settings, and is happier in the Fine mode and with the sensitivity dropped a little.

Some coils I've tried and they seem okay, I just haven't got around to swinging them in the field yet.

A pleasant unexpected surprise in the mail today from Algoforce - the new version of their USB powerpack holder.

The front lip is 5.5mm high vs 2.5mm for the old one & the original straps now have no problem holding my rounded edge powerpack firmly in place.

Kudos to Algoforce for their customer support!

Attachments

• 20240403_184616.jpg
    20240403_184616.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Well all my squat exercises came in handy after getting up and down to recover all this bird shot in the Vic. Goldfield this week. I can tell you that the E1500 loves the stuff and will definitely hear the tiny ones missed by others. My first gold with the Algo was a welcome sight in the scoop all the same...

😃 20240411_161925.thumb.jpg.e09db53e7167b33a8abb503732112eea.jpg

All found with a 14x9 Evo attached, A great all round coil for the Algo Force.

Well all my squat exercises came in handy after getting up and down to recover all this bird shot in the Vic. Goldfield this week. I can tell you that the E1500 loves the stuff and will definitely hear the tiny ones missed by others. My first gold with the Algo was a welcome sight in the scoop all the same...

It's a real buzz to see the Aussie Algo making an impact in such well-hunted goldfields, OA. Those are very nice-looking nuggies you've been finding too and the gold/buckshot ratio looks good to me. Here's hoping for many more!

😃 20240411_161925.thumb.jpg.e09db53e7167b33a8abb503732112eea.jpg

I was watching a guy on YouTube swinging the E1500. He was using the target ID to avoid the bird shot. Have you noticed the ID difference between lead and gold of a similar size?

I was watching a guy on YouTube swinging the E1500. He was using the target ID to avoid the bird shot. Have you noticed the ID difference between lead and gold of a similar size?
Even if he did use ID as discrim at that level it could only work if the shot size was consistent to get a constant shot ID and if the nuggets all IDed different enough.

If the shot size varies ( the usual) and the gold size and shape varies ( always) then the using ID as discrim for shot would not be very effective.

Even if stars aligned in one locale it def wouldnt be usual situation.

The age old problem is - How do you know it wasnt gold if you dont dig it?

If you were 99% sure it was junk and there is a lot if junk around then yeah skip it and move on but if only 80% sure junk then that is the same as saying every 5th piece of junk could be gold.

The guy who says he digs only gold doesnt know how many of his undug targets were really gold.

Natural gold and lead shot are normally just too close in electrical characterics for detectors to tell them apart reliably

Last edited:
Well, I did a few air test swings over some of the lead shot sitting on my mild backyard soil. I was in the fine gold setting. The shot ranges in weight from 0.1 to 0.5 gms. The smallest wouldn't ID at all, but over say 0.3 pretty much all registered 00 with the exception of the only Iron one on the magnet which came up as 18. The two boot tacks were 21/22. Similar sized nuggets ranged around 14-20.

As this was just a air test on the ID capability of the Algo, it goes without saying that the same targets buried in high mineralization may give ID'S like I experienced in the field.
Some of the larger shot gave a 02-4 reading. The smaller ones were mainly 00. I still dug everything though. Gold was never 00. The shot started to sound familiar as well, a really short tight signal, where the nuggets were more of that mellowed out sound.

With time on the machine it will just become instinctive to dismiss the lead shot. Obviously the 00 ID would confirm this.

The steel shot and boot tacks you will definitely dig. 20240414_154157.thumb.jpg.d2acd19a2e05c559b9d71828f9b3e0b2.jpg 20240414_153329.thumb.jpg.33f0b80b01a9d7bb4b543019d8661749.jpg

Latest posts