AlgoForce E1500 - NEW PI DETECTOR FROM EX MINELAB ENGINEER

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Nenad is the sole agent atm, I wonder if he has had some input in its development. There are some attractive new ideas, like compatibility with GP/GPX coils, external generic power bank options and ambient noise function through headphones.
Looks well made.... may have to visit Mr. Lonic :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
What i find interesting is this is an Australian company assembling a new detector in Australia and there is already pages and pages of discussion on it on the American forums.
But here virtually nothing, seems that we are more interested in the whinge of the day , wordel or some funny picture.
Go figure.

What i find interesting is this is an Australian company assembling a new detector in Australia and there is already pages and pages of discussion on it on the American forums.
But here virtually nothing, seems that we are more interested in the whinge of the day , wordel or some funny picture.
Go figure.
They were a few days behind us (I've now merged the original discussion to keep it all together) but have done a lot more posts on it. Mostly all conjecture before any solid info comes to light though with a couple of "reasons I'm buying" & product plugs thrown in from the usual suspects.
I'd prefer to wait & hear from Nenad or another trusted source before speculating too much. It sort of sprung up out of nowhere & caught me by surprise.
Looking at the info available it looks to be more of a competitor to the SDC than anything else as it's heavily weighted towards small targets.

You would have thought Nenad would have posted here before posting on a American forum as he is not allowed to sell the new detector in the states. Especially as many of his customers are members here?

It appears to come out to about the same price as an SDC2300 so it will need to perform well.
??

$2275 + $300 for a Sadie +$ 30 for a power bank = ~$2600 vs $4400 for SDC at moment.

It is close to same price as QED and what the TDIs were but has dual GB channel so wont get that GB target hole and most importantly it has ID that works in mineralised ground.

That alone makes it unique and very interesting - basically like a VLF that doesnt find every !@#$%^ hot rock.

I would say its most direct competitor would be the Manticore but it will probably cause the SDC sales some pain.

Lets see how it goes !

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have done a little testing on the E1500, and a few of my features/suggestions were added in, but the detector was already quite developed when I was approached for some feedback. I was actually quite surprised at how well it worked straight off the bat. There was a software update and then the user manual needed to be updated to include the changes. I've only had limited time on the latest version, but here's some info that will get you up to speed a little bit.

1. First of all, performance wise, this thing sits between a Gold Monster/Gold Kruzer and SDC2300. It is extremely sensitive to tiny targets, but depth won't match a 5000/6000 on large targets. I think the SDC2300 will remain superior in really bad soil conditions, but the E1500 is quite adjustable (broad sensitivity range), and obviously with different coil options, e.g. round/elliptical/semi-elliptical and flat wound/bundle wound, you can kind of dictate the performance a little bit.

2. It is for mono coils only, but works very well. Coil calibration feature is a nice touch, and optimises the electronics for any slight variations between coils. It will also tell you if you need to calibrate or not.

3. Current wise it draws about 700 ma on average, so a 10 AH power bank should run for about 13-14 hrs. Great for guys hiking into remote spots with no power. Just carry three power banks and you're good to go for days.

4. Tested on a 0.05g bit of gold and the E1500 was better than a 4500. With a Sadie coil it is super sensitive, and the tone modulation is very sharp. With an older Minelab 11" super gold search coil, depth is improved, but signal sharpness is not as good, but runs extremely stable. The 14x9" Evo seems to be a great coil for it. I think a Detech 8" mono, Minelab 8" Mono and NF 12x7" Advantage would be the pick of the coils for really hot ground, as they are bundle wound. Possibly add in the old Coiltek 11" round terracotta, and Minelab Commander and earlier Super Gold Search. But in average mineralised conditions, the Evo coils work great.

5. Hotrocks. A 6000 with 11" Mono is a little more immune to hotrocks than the E1500 with Sadie coil in Ultra Fine timing. With a slower timing, and larger coil, hot rocks are far less detectable as you'd expect. But, being a PI it is vastly superior to a VLF.

6. The shaft and hand grip feel great. 2 arm strap sizes is excellent and should cater for most people.

7. Buttons feel really nice. They have a very positive click about them.

8. The Auto ground balance works great, but is on the slower side. Slower than 4500. This is a ground balance reset only, i.e. after it has ground balanced, the ground balance is locked - just like a GP/GPX machine in Fixed. It is not continuously tracking like the SDC2300 or 6000. However, you can see when the ground balance is going out with the Ground Drift function - so it is sort of tracking in the background, but it's up to the user to reset it.

9. Interference with other detectors - I've only been out once with another prospector who was using a GPZ7000 with a 12" NF coil. We found that I needed to be about 10 metres away, that's with a Sadie on the E1500. Any closer and the GPZ would start to pick it up.

10. The Sensitivity range is great. I expect most people are going to run it in the low 20's, but in super quiet conditions, 26-30 are kind of like boost.

E1500 in the field.jpg

I've got a lot more testing I'd like to do, and still playing around with headphone options, but having independent threshold and volume controls as well as adjustable tone, it should be able to adapt to pretty much any wired or wireless options. The target ID feature was demo'd to me, and appeared to be quite stable, but I haven't played around with it much at this point.

So what is? It is a very well built PI machine, with a collapsible 3 pc shaft, has the benefit of being compatible with legacy 5-pin coils, a very well thought out user interface with a simple menu, and all the important functions you need. It is not waterproof, and doesn't have built in wireless, and comes as a bare bones kit, but all these things have allowed it to be offered at an attractive price point. It is not a deep machine. If you want depth on a budget, get a S/H 4500 or 5000 with a 20" mono or 25" DD. If you want to find small gold as well as specimens and reefy gold, then the AlgoForce E1500 is worth a look.

I do plan on doing some videos, as I know many people are eager to see it in action.

Hope that gives you a bit of a better understanding of its capabilities.

Last edited:
Not to mention a vibrating handle for those with poor hearing and/or vision. ☑️

Unfortunately their chosen brand name is already in use for a bitcoin price monitoring product, so they may find some issues arising with that.
Won't be an issue, as companies have similar names all the time. As long as it's a different industry all is well. AlgoForce name was trademarked under the Metal Detecting category, and was approved last year, so all good.

??

$2275 + $300 for a Sadie +$ 30 for a power bank = ~$2600 vs $4400 for SDC at moment.

It is close to same price as QED and what the TDIs were but has dual GB channel so wont get that GB target hole and most importantly it has ID that works in mineralised ground.

That alone makes it unique and very interesting - basically like a VLF that doesnt find every !@#$%^ hot rock.

I would say its most direct competitor would be the Manticore but it will probably cause the SDC sales some pain.

Lets see how it goes !

I guess I should have checked the prices before I made a statement :rolleyes:. That makes the price look a lot more attractive and I do like some of the features.

Won't be an issue, as companies have similar names all the time. As long as it's a different industry all is well. AlgoForce name was trademarked under the Metal Detecting category, and was approved last year, so all good.

A bit like PhaseTech :)

http://www.phasetechelectrical.com.au/ Electrical contractors

https://phasetechspectroscopy.com/ Spectroscopy

https://phasetech-int.mseaudio.com/ Audio

I would thought that the ML like colour scheme might be more problematic but if it isnt protected / protectable then all good.

Hi guys,

I have done a little testing on the E1500, and a few of my features/suggestions were added in, but the detector was already quite developed when I was approached for some feedback. I was actually quite surprised at how well it worked straight off the bat. There was a software update and then the user manual needed to be updated to include the changes. I've only had limited time on the latest version, but here's some info that will get you up to speed a little bit.

1. First of all, performance wise, this thing sits between a Gold Monster/Gold Kruzer and SDC2300. It is extremely sensitive to tiny targets, but depth won't match a 5000/6000 on large targets. I think the SDC2300 will remain superior in really bad soil conditions, but the E1500 is quite adjustable (broad sensitivity range), and obviously with different coil options, e.g. round/elliptical/semi-elliptical and flat wound/bundle wound, you can kind of dictate the performance a little bit.

2. It is for mono coils only, but works very well. Coil calibration feature is a nice touch, and optimises the electronics for any slight variations between coils. It will also tell you if you need to calibrate or not.

3. Current wise it draws about 700 ma on average, so a 10 AH power bank should run for about 13-14 hrs. Great for guys hiking into remote spots with no power. Just carry three power banks and you're good to go for days.

4. Tested on a 0.05g bit of gold and the E1500 was better than a 4500. With a Sadie coil it is super sensitive, and the tone modulation is very sharp. With an older Minelab 11" super gold search coil, depth is improved, but signal sharpness is not as good, but runs extremely stable. The 14x9" Evo seems to be a great coil for it. I think a Detech 8" mono, Minelab 8" Mono and NF 12x7" Advantage would be the pick of the coils for really hot ground, as they are bundle wound. Possibly add in the old Coiltek 11" round terracotta, and Minelab Commander and earlier Super Gold Search. But in average mineralised conditions, the Evo coils work great.

5. Hotrocks. A 6000 with 11" Mono is a little more immune to hotrocks than the E1500 with Sadie coil in Ultra Fine timing. With a slower timing, and larger coil, hot rocks are far less detectable as you'd expect. But, being a PI it is vastly superior to a VLF.

6. The shaft and hand grip feel great. 2 arm strap sizes is excellent and should cater for most people.

7. Buttons feel really nice. They have a very positive click about them.

8. The Auto ground balance works great, but is on the slower side. Slower than 4500. This is a ground balance reset only, i.e. after it has ground balanced, the ground balance is locked - just like a GP/GPX machine in Fixed. It is not continuously tracking like the SDC2300 or 6000. However, you can see when the ground balance is going out with the Ground Drift function - so it is sort of tracking in the background, but it's up to the user to reset it.

9. Interference with other detectors - I've only been out once with another prospector who was using a GPZ7000 with a 12" NF coil. We found that I needed to be about 10 metres away, that's with a Sadie on the E1500. Any closer and the GPZ would start to pick it up.

10. The Sensitivity range is great. I expect most people are going to run it in the low 20's, but in super quiet conditions, 26-30 are kind of like boost.

View attachment 12616

I've got a lot more testing I'd like to do, and still playing around with headphone options, but having independent threshold and volume controls as well as adjustable tone, it should be able to adapt to pretty much any wired or wireless options. The target ID feature was demo'd to me, and appeared to be quite stable, but I haven't played around with it much at this point.

So what is? It is a very well built PI machine, with a collapsible 3 pc shaft, has the benefit of being compatible with legacy 5-pin coils, a very well thought out user interface with a simple menu, and all the important functions you need. It is not waterproof, and doesn't have built in wireless, and comes as a bare bones kit, but all these things have allowed it to be offered at an attractive price point. It is not a deep machine. If you want depth on a budget, get a S/H 4500 or 5000 with a 20" mono or 25" DD. If you want to find small gold as well as specimens and reefy gold, then the AlgoForce E1500 is worth a look.

I do plan on doing some videos, as I know many people are eager to see it in action.

Hope that gives you a bit of a better understanding of its capabilities.
So where can you get a powerbank?

A bit like PhaseTech :)

http://www.phasetechelectrical.com.au/ Electrical contractors

https://phasetechspectroscopy.com/ Spectroscopy

https://phasetech-int.mseaudio.com/ Audio

I would thought that the ML like colour scheme might be more problematic but if it isnt protected / protectable then all good.
Haha yes, but there's only 1 x Phase Technical ;)

Most detectors are black these days. Personally I think if you could visually mash up a Deus 2 and a Safari, you'd get close to the E1500.

So where can you get a powerbank?
Search "powerbank USB"on ebay ... +5000 hits .

The detector manual says it draws 700mA average so any powerbank can supply that.

You want one that will keep you running for a day so that will be ~10Ahr = 10 000mAhr.

If you were going to use a bigger coil then maybe a 20 Ahr power bank would be better for balancing the coil weight but the powerbank weight would go up from ~300g to 500g

Pick one that suits your pocket & dont be fooled by obviously BS capacity claims.

Search "powerbank USB"on ebay ... +5000 hits .

The detector manual says it draws less than 800mA so any powerbank can supply that.

You want one that will keep you running for a day so that will be ~10Ahr = 10 000mAhr.

If you were going to use a bigger coil then maybe a 20 Ahr power bank would be better for balancing the coil weight but the powerbank weight would go up from ~300g to 500g

Pick one that suits your pocket & dont be fooled by obviously BS capacity claims.
Thanks, I understand, but I found a P.I. 10ah bank for $35 but only rated for 6ah. The bigger ones like 20ah go straight up to $130 and are rather large.
Another question, where do you put the bank? Its 15x7x2 cm !!!
Does it fit on the detector?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240128-105515.png
    Screenshot_20240128-105515.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts